What's new
What's new

Seeking adwise buying an Deckel fp1

JesperJuul

Plastic
Hi all

I am looking to buy a Deckel fp1 / fp2 and I was offered to buy this for around 2.600 euros.

I got this video of the machine:

To me it sounds a bit funny maybe like it has some bad bearings somewhere?

I haven’t seen it live yet but I would very much appreciate if some of you guys in the know could give me some tips to what I should be looking for, when I do go to see it.

The transmission sounded pretty good for its age on my laptop speakers, and I did not hear chatter indicative of spindle bearing looseness. You should check all of the other speed and feed ratios for noise, too. I would check the ways for scoring. I would snug the travel locks near mid-travel and see if travel binds towards the ends. I would check screw backlash. I would check table droop by sweeping with an indicator.

The machine and accessories look reasonable for that price. If the machine is in decent shape (ways, gearing, bearings) it's not a great deal but also not a poor one. Note that the machine uses Morse taper 4 S20x2 tooling, which can be hard to find and is not as good as SK40. From the style of the vertical head I think it's a solid bearing rather than roller bearing style, but am not sure. One of the FP1 experts here can comment.

Edit: it looks to me like some of the accessories are from an FP2, not an FP1. I believe that there is also the overarm for a dividing head, but no dividing head to go with it. Hopefully an expert here can confirm.

Hej
Min prvomajska har også en snakkende lyd.
Den kommer fra kæden bagerst, som trækker henholdsvis kølevands pumpen, og tilspændings gearkassen.

Kan det passe at den har været til salg længe? Og kostet Ca 25.000kr til at starte med?

Personligt ville jeg hellere finde en anden, og hvis du har pladsen, en større maskine.
Hvis du kun skal lave meget små ting, så er den fin. Ellers bliver man meget hurtigt begrænset i dens vandring. Især i Z, fordi at den har MK4 konus, og værktøj/holdere til dette ofte fylder mere.

Mvh Rasmus

You should take the vertical head off, need a 10mm allen wrench probably there. Look in the top with the vertical head off. There should be some oil and the gears should look nice. It should not be all choked up with chips in there. Then run the machine without the vertical head. Compare noise with and without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input. I will go and take a look at it today and then we will have to see if it is worth the trip. :)

Back