What's new
What's new

seeking a good quality hold-down set

Chris,

If your Riken mill has 12mm t-slots you could go with this Westward 12mm kit: WESTWARD Clamping Kit,12mm,M10x1.5 Stud,54 pcs, 19T330 190735744949 | eBay It is sold by Grainger, but you get free shipping if you buy it on eBay. I bought it in December and it seems to be decent quality.

I look forward to seeing more of your Riken mill. I bought some of my accessories from a guy in Switzerland, who had a Riken mill. So while everything I have is Deckel, the indexing head, rotary table and high speed head were all used on a Riken previously.

Good luck with your mill,
Nigel

AMF are very common here. We use them at work. Good quality and fair price.

But else I use the Asia made set in my home shop [emoji4] and they work quite well.

Colchester - The world turns on Colchester lathes.

Chris,

If your Riken mill has 12mm t-slots you could go with this Westward 12mm kit: WESTWARD Clamping Kit,12mm,M10x1.5 Stud,54 pcs, 19T330 190735744949 | eBay It is sold by Grainger, but you get free shipping if you buy it on eBay. I bought it in December and it seems to be decent quality.

I look forward to seeing more of your Riken mill. I bought some of my accessories from a guy in Switzerland, who had a Riken mill. So while everything I have is Deckel, the indexing head, rotary table and high speed head were all used on a Riken previously.

Thanks,Nigel, I did not know that Riken exported machinery to Switzerland. That leads me to a couple of questions: Does the Riken high speed head plug directly into the Deckel electrical cabinet? And what type of toolholder does it accept?

Chris,
The high speed head and other accessories I bought were Deckel but were used on a Riken mill. I don't know if the Deckel high speed head will plug into the Riken cabinet. The previous owner used the head with a vfd to have better rpm control than the 6 belt speeds. I don't have the older 4 prong plug I need so, I will probably use a vfd which will also have better speed control. Along this line, I have the newer high speed head plug, if anyone has the older plug and would like to trade, email me.

Even though the Riken was very high quality, in Switzerland he had trouble getting a good price for the Riken, as the buyers in his area only wanted Deckels or other Euro mills. To get more money, he sold the Deckel tooling separately and I was able to buy some of it.

Good Luck with your mill,
Nigel

Back