What's new
What's new

Simodrive 210 Drive Tuning Procedure

BugRobotics

Stainless
Hi all,
I am attempting to tune the Z-axis on the Hermle UWF851 after some work on the Siemens 6RB power supplies. The drive wouldn't enable and started throwing errors. After some troubleshooting, many of the capacitors needed replacing. The drive is now operational but during my troubleshooting I screwed with the tuning (and like an idiot forgot to measure the pots beforehand :wall:) and the Z-axis is now rough when moving the table up.

I've gotten the lag numbers down pretty low (+/-0.0002") at slow speeds but they increase (up to +/-0.010") when I speed up the motor. At this point I can't run the table up at full speed without the control throwing a "Measuring System Defective Z" error. Understandable as the movement is pretty rough. Moving the table down sounds great as the load is significantly less.

Control: TNC 355
Motors: Siemens 1HU DC Brushed Series
Drive: Siemens 210 with 6RB modules (link to manual)

Adjustment Pots on each axis as labeled in manual (physical location on drive module from top to bottom):
- offset
- tacho-generator
- Kp
- Tn

I'm looking for any info on the tuning process for these drives. It appears as though the TNC 355 commissioning doc wants the offset adjusted first which I will do now. After that, the lag can be adjusted with the tacho-generator pot (completed on all of the other axes successfully). Following those steps I have zero experience with the tuning procedure and looking for guidance.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Back