What's new
What's new

SK250A Maho Manual?

Happy

Plastic
Hi all,

I just picked up a Maho mill model SK250A but it came without a manual. I already contacted the lathes-UK site and he does not have this model manual in his library. Anybody here have one I can get a copy from?

Thank you for looking.

I've never even heard of that model of Maho. What the heck is it ? (aprox year, table travels, spindle type, etc...or better yet, picture)

It is the Deckel FP1 clone from Maho
:confused: I've never seen any manual Maho that looked even remotely like a Deckel other than the basic arrangements of removable table and such. In fact all the older manual Mahos I've seen bore the *least* resembalance to a Deckel of any of the Deckel type mills. (with possible exception of Sinn !) Or are you using the term "clone" very loosely ?

Milacron, why bother posting your typical "I'm smarter than you are response"? You don't have the manual the guy is looking for so end of story
Bob

Looks like a Deckel to me

Well, all except for the vertical head attachment. Don't see the Deckel style upper dovetail that mounts the vertical head (along with most of the other accessories)
Wonder how the vertical head is removed or better how one gets the clearance needed to run that machine in horizontal mode? Hope someone out there can fill in the blanks.
Cheers Ross

Happy,
I'm the one with the DVD. I don't have a manual for that particular model of Maho. Sorry. The DVD has a lot of other useful information in it that may be of interest to you, though.

Regards,
Alan

Milacron, why bother posting your typical "I'm smarter than you are response"? You don't have the manual the guy is looking for so end of story
Bob
bob, I said "I've never seen...."....I didn't say it didn't exist. If you weren't so neurotic you wouldn't jump to the strange conclusions you do about what I say. That one in your picture does indeed look similar to an FP1 except for the head...at least the parts I can see in the fuzzy picture... In contrast, all the manual Mahos I've seen looked quite different from the one in your photo.

Still, "clone" means identical in every way, and even that Maho is no "clone" of a Deckel. I guess I'm more sensitive about that sort of thing as I used to get annoyed at folks commenting on some of the machines I used to make as "clones" of my competitors versions, and they got the same comments about their's being a "clone" of mine, and yet there were major differences. I prefer to notice the differences in machines, not the similarities.

Milacron, why bother posting your typical "I'm smarter than you are response"?
Bob

Bob
So you think he is thinking he is smarter than I am :confused:
Well if you look at the kind of questions he is asking on this board ,do you think he is ???;);):rolleyes:

Alan
I know,that`s why I ordered your CD
nothing wrong with that
But did you notice the Smiles

Bob
So you think he is thinking he is smarter than I am :confused:
Well if you look at the kind of questions he is asking on this board ,do you think he is ???;);):rolleyes:
bob's not really "thinking" anything as there's aparently not much there to work with...same with you apparently if rather than address the actual issue you can only seize on any opportunity to complain about me. The Deckel vs Maho designs discussion is not an issue of "smarts" so much as "an eye for details" honed by decades of paying attention to such things.

Milacron: Here's the point. The guy asked for a manual for an SK250 which in his opinion is a clone of a Deckel. I knew what he was asking and you by your own admission did not. So why respond? I for one am tired of hearing about your years of experience and thousands of auctions attended. By the way the vertical head mount on a heavy round tube. This machine also has table move in both axis.
Bob

I've attached a picture of the mill. Geeze, didn't think this would stir up the pot.

Wrench, what is on your dvd that would relate to this mill?

Thanks,
Happy.

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 527
Milacron: Here's the point. The guy asked for a manual for an SK250 which in his opinion is a clone of a Deckel. Bob
Since English is not peterve's first language he can be forgiven for misusing a word, but the only "clone" of a Deckel mill is another Deckel mill. The closest to a Deckel "clone" would be an Alexander. Your Maho does look more similar to a Deckel than most manual Maho's I've seen but it still isn't even remotely a "clone" of a Deckel.

I've never even heard of that model of Maho. What the heck is it ? (aprox year, table travels, spindle type, etc...or better yet, picture)
Maybe you should look in the euromill registry on the Practical Machinistforum once in a while. All the info you asked for is there in post #9. ;) (unless you explicitly refer to the sk250 'A')
There are more pics on the infamous www.metalworker.eu/metaalwerk/htmlen/mahoi.htm I am proud that a Google on " maho SK250" pops this one up on top.
It was one of the first models of MAHO. I agree it's not even close to being a clone of a Deckel.
There were also a MAHO SK260 and a SK300 I think they resamble each other very close just like the Weiler Lz280 and Lz300

Somewhere in Germany there is a SK250 owner with a manual. I've got only a few scanned pages from him but I think he is to busy to do the rest. I mailed him a few times offering to scan the manual but no further reply. (Although it was a very very friendly asking email translated by a professional on the German language)
Iirc the maho sk250 was there before the deckel so the cloning was the other way round. And I think the table construction of the deckel (where the X-axis handwheel travels with the table is better then the maho where the X-axis handwheel is fixed and only the tablemount travels. With better I mean that there are more possibilities to clamp your work and its easier to transfer the handwheel rotation to a indexer for spiralmilling jobs.
Bob is that your machine on the photo?

Happy, congratulated with your new machine.
You have been lucky to be searching the info now. For a few years tony didn't even mention the SK250 and my site also wasn't there. I cannot see if the picture of the Sk250 on the site of Tony has a belt drive or not.
I think people have been asking tony for the SK250 manual often because I got a mail from him in which he especially asked for this manual.
It appears that the belt drive in this A-version has disappeared. How is the power transferred to the spindle ? Is it a Deckel type of transmission ? I think it's the model that precedes the MH600
If you give me a PM with your email I can sent you the few manual pages (6) I have.

Last edited:
SK250A Pics

Here's a couple of pics of a SK250A may not be exactly a clone, but I'd have said it was quite similar. Not seen it in the flesh, but here they are for reference......
TMN

Attachments

• MahoSK250A_1.jpg
    MahoSK250A_1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 647
  • MahoSK250A_2.jpg
    MahoSK250A_2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 387
Doh!

Missed the reply in the middle from the OPer while I was looking for the pics - this is obviously the same machine, sorry for the duplication....

Same Maho

Yes, that was the Maho that I bought. I picked it up in NY along with an 800lbs compressor and towed them up through the mountains back to Montreal Canada. What a harrowing ride home, was during a snow storm, but both machines made it home safe and sound.

Back