What's new
What's new

Source for FP3 Headstock Cover?

Halcohead

Stainless
Title says it all. I'm trying to find a source for a cover for ram of my FP3L to protect the gearing while the vertical head is retracted. I've been through Franz Singer's website and haven't found it (although was happy to notice replacement way covers are surprisngly reasonably priced).

Is there somewhere else I should look?

Thanks in advance!

Title says it all. I'm trying to find a source for a cover for ram of my FP3L to protect the gearing while the vertical head is retracted. I've been through Franz Singer's website and haven't found it (although was happy to notice replacement way covers are surprisngly reasonably priced).

Is there somewhere else I should look?

Thanks in advance!

I might have one!

Let me take a pic later today....

BR,
Thanos

Thanks Thanos! If you do indeed have one I'd be happy to figure out international shipping and payment. Luckily my needs for a cover aren't urgent.

Like this one?
Abdeckung 2313-301, fur Fraskopf 2027, Deckel FP3 Frasmaschine | eBay

I often see these on Ebay or Ebay Kleinanzeige in Germany for around 50 Euro.

Yes exactly thanks for forwarding. I figured these were common on German ebay but was unable to find the right keyword. Looks like that is the only one listed currently. Going to have to hold out until I can find a used one.

Hey there,

here's what I have:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now I see that I should have measured dovetails as well... Any how, pin distance is around 155 mm.

You have an FP3, I have a cover. You'll either have to get the cover or me the FP3 :D :D

Jokes aside, hope it fits!

BR,
Thanos

This must be a very early FP3 cover (which should not affect fit at all). I didn't know they made an aluminum diecast version- neat.

This must be a very early FP3 cover (which should not affect fit at all). I didn't know they made an aluminum diecast version- neat.

I guess the plastic one might have never survived that long, at least not with both the pins :)

I guess the plastic one might have never survived that long, at least not with both the pins :)

? Have one on my first gen FP3 (single motor) Its the plastic version and looks brand new and its been with the machine since it was new i think.....use it all the time. Not sure why it would suffer over time...literally no wear on that part...it just sits there....
By the way all the dovetails have the same spacing where the vertical head mounts..FP1,FP2, or FP3....
Cheers Ross

? Have one on my first gen FP3 (single motor) Its the plastic version and looks brand new and its been with the machine since it was new i think.....use it all the time. Not sure why it would suffer over time...literally no wear on that part...it just sits there....
By the way all the dovetails have the same spacing where the vertical head mounts..FP1,FP2, or FP3....
Cheers Ross

yes, should rephrase: "I guess the plastic one might have never survived that long, at least not with both the pins SEPARATED from the machine"

Mine came with my first FP2 and I heard nothing about an FP3 in the same factory so I guess the cover would have been separated from its machine decades ago :)

I forgot to update but THANK YOU THANVG! The cover fit perfectly. Hopefully these photos/dims will be useful to someone else in the future.

Back