What's new
What's new

Source for Mobil Vacuoline 1419

Stan Krum

Aluminum
After posting this, I'll probably here about all the places I could buy it, But it took quite a bit ok searching.

http://www.knoxnelsonoil.com/aboutus.html
http://www.knoxnelsonoil.com/bidpage.html

40141905 is their # - Mobil Vacuoline 1419

has it in stock, minimum is 5 gallon pail. Cost was $43.11, 5 gal is being sent UPS today. No relation to them, just info if you have had a hard time finding it. StanK

Order mine from Exxon through Golden Gate Petroleum in Richmond Ca. As Stan notes avalible in 5 Gal pail only. (well 15 or 55 Gal as well) Do not recall the shipping cost. 5 Gal. pail might seem like more than one would use...if you are running a CNC Deckel 5 gal will go pretty quickly if you run the machine any amount and you are being careful about using lube pulses in your programs. Trust me letting the timer supply all your oil needs to the machine is just not enough to ensure enough lube on the vertical slides.
Cheers Ross

Is that a "and if you don't believe me, search out my thread on re-scraping the vertical slide and pictures of its galling" type of response, Ross?

Good suggestion... We'll have to keep that in mind on the NC project.

Alan

Is that a "and if you don't believe me, search out my thread on re-scraping the vertical slide and pictures of its galling" type of response, Ross?
Can't speak to other machines and other users here, but for me the Vaculine 1419 is what i am staying with on all my CNC Deckels as well as the FP2 Aktive machine. Don't wish to re-visit that problem again in my life time if i can avoid it. Oil is cheap insurance and i use plenty of it these days.This is in my mind a simpls case of more is better....the Vaculine according to the specs and the engineer i spoke with at Mobil, has better staying ability than the current Vactra, and it has higher load carrying capibility. The usual disclaimer..Blaw, Blaw,Blaw, your results may vary....etc

Hey guys,

I tried hard to find it here in the Los Angeles area, half a day. Wasting too much time. They quoted me about $20, but check my CC bill, looks to be about $40 shipping. Got two machines dry and thirsty. Seems others have sataed it was hard to get, so just thought I would post a source, some folks here might even live closer to that supplier.

An update on the cost of Vacuoline 1419...probably best to be sitting down!

I just called my local distributor (Lube Tech) and they quoted me $147 (w/tax) for 5 gal. To get a comparison price I called Knox Nelson (listed above) and they didn't have it in stock but said the last time they did, it was $89. I didn't ask when that was. I'll pick it up from Lube Tech.

--Larry

Back