What's new
What's new

Speed/Feed Data Plate for Fp1

Lowpass

Plastic
Anyone have a source for an imperial/English speed/feed metal data plate for an FP1? The PO of my machine must have gotten some solvent on it at some point and it is barely readable. I see the metric/German versions available on eBay.de and have inquired about an inch/English version without success.

Thanks,
Bob

Is this for a round dial machine or the older lever machine??
If you have a decent picture of one you can havea sticker made A few more (to sell) is about the same price
Cover it with a self adhesive clear plastic sheet

Peter

Is this for a round dial machine or the older lever machine??
If you have a decent picture of one you can havea sticker made A few more (to sell) is about the same price
Cover it with a self adhesive clear plastic sheet

Peter

Thanks for the response Peter. My machine is a very late lever model. Unfortunately, I don't have a good picture of the speed/feed chart.

Here is a photo of a late 1950's FP1 plate, if you are interested, maybe a scan would be better. PM with an e-mail address and I can send it out, or a photo without the flash. The plate is attached with screws so a scan might be easy to do. Then make a label as mentioned.

Attachments

• 20210303_104202.jpg
    20210303_104202.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210303_104154.jpg
    20210303_104154.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 48
Here is a photo of a late 1950's FP1 plate, if you are interested, maybe a scan would be better. PM with an e-mail address and I can send it out, or a photo without the flash. The plate is attached with screws so a scan might be easy to do. Then make a label as mentioned.

That would be greatly appreciated DJ! Yours is the same as mine except you can read it! If you do get an opportunity to scan it or get a high resolution photo, my email is [email protected]

Thanks,
Bob

I have had some 1mm anodised aluminium nameplates made, based on artwork that I drew using presentation software (keynote) on my mac. It was very inexpensive, around 15 Euros in quantity one. So if you can draw up good artwork based on a scan, and produce a .PDF or .JPG file, you can find a local or mail-order place that will make it. Anodised aluminium is a good choice because it is very resistant to solvents and oxidation. You can clear coat it with lacquer for appearance and to protect against wear.

Be sure to include a few fiducial points with crosshairs on the boundary of your artwork or just outside it, and specify the exact distance between those, so that the overall scale can be adjusted during production. Mine had rivet holes at the four corners, so I put crosshairs over the rivet holes and specified the exact spacing for those.

I have had some 1mm anodised aluminium nameplates made, based on artwork that I drew using presentation software (keynote) on my mac. It was very inexpensive, around 15 Euros in quantity one. So if you can draw up good artwork based on a scan, and produce a .PDF or .JPG file, you can find a local or mail-order place that will make it. Anodised aluminium is a good choice because it is very resistant to solvents and oxidation. You can clear coat it with lacquer for appearance and to protect against wear.

Be sure to include a few fiducial points with crosshairs on the boundary of your artwork or just outside it, and specify the exact distance between those, so that the overall scale can be adjusted during production. Mine had rivet holes at the four corners, so I put crosshairs over the rivet holes and specified the exact spacing for those.

Thanks! Got a decent JPG from Dan. Going to see if I can clean it up a bit and have a plate made. Looks like ~ $25 US. Bound to be better than what I've got!

Back