What's new
What's new

Spindle Rebuild Video

Dudley624

Plastic
I tend to lurk on this sub-forum, and I have seen lots of interesting information about spindle repair. I hope it is within the spirit of the thing to call attention to a brand new (Jan.19) video on YouTube made by Robin Renzetti about spindle bearings. It runs 1.5 hours but does not feel like it! He covers the selection and fitting of new bearings in a Trak mill, including his ways and means of fine-tuning spacers and the like. I suspect there will be something for everyone.

Happy Viewing

YouTube

@ballen Glad you found it useful. I realize that Robin’s Trak has altogether different bearings as compared to a Deckel, but his attention to de-burring, general cleanliness, and that lock ring/set screw technique seemed pertinent.

I watched this video when it came out, its a really good one with alot of attention to details. Alot of things what i havent thought. The "playing" with grease was interesting.

Alot of points to give a thought to

The cleaning tissues that Robin recommended:
"KIMTECH SCIENCE KIMWIPES Delicate Task Wipers" from Kimberly-Clark Professional.
https://www.kcprofessional.com.my/media/43272/KIMTECH SCIENCE KIMWIPES Delicate Task Wipers.pdf

Many years ago I had luck to get a package of cleanroom nonwoven:
"Sontara MicroPure 100" from DuPont.
https://www.jacob-holm.com/emea/en-us/our-markets/critical-cleaning-sontara/cleanroom-sontara-wipes/
Even when relative rough used, it doesn't emit lint (in comparsion all Kim Wipes we used those days did).
I don't remember, which shops do sell less than 6000 pieces of Sontara MicroPure 100, but there are some others like:
Nonwoven Cleanroom Wipers & Surface Cleaning Wipes

I don't remember, which shops do sell less than 6000 pieces of Sontara MicroPure 100, but there are some others like:
Nonwoven Cleanroom Wipers & Surface Cleaning Wipes

If I could be of help, I have these: Amazon.com: Berkshire MS1200.0404B.10, MS1200-Series Wipers MicroSeal 1200 (Pack of 6000 pcs): Industrial & Scientific in 600pc packs for $28 USD shipped in the USA by USPS. I bought a case ages ago and am still using the first pack, so unless one is doing production 600 wipes will be a lifetime's worth.

If this is of interest you can pm or email me by clicking my name, as usual.

Back