What's new
What's new

Swiss Set Up Blocks

SIP6A

Titanium
I was at the local machin tool dealers today picking up a cabnet that I had bought, when while the owner and myself were cleaning all the junk off of it and from the inside of it the owner picked up a wooden box and after opening it He says to me "You like this Swiss stuff you should have this" I ask how much and he replys "nothing it's a gift"

What they are is a fancy swiss set of set up blocks, There made like gage blocks the lock together in different combinations and yoe can go from 25.0mm to 300.0mm in 1.0mm steps. The last block is steel so on one end of the stack you have aluminum against the machine table and on the othe end you are clamping against steel.

002.jpg

001.jpg

Beautiful.
I love the way the Swiss (and the Germans) come up with tooling and wood fitted cases like this. Thanks for sharing, I'd like to have a set of these.

Steve

I was at the local machin tool dealers today picking up a cabnet that I had bought, when while the owner and myself were cleaning all the junk off of it and from the inside of it the owner picked up a wooden box and after opening it He says to me "You like this Swiss stuff you should have this" I ask how much and he replys "nothing it's a gift"

Blow me away. I always wonder how wheeler-dealers attach a value to items. I imagine that you two get along quite well.

Good tools make great gifts because they extend what you can do.

Raymond

Back