What's new
What's new

Thread of Deckel Manuals

Erik

Hot Rolled
Hi all.

I recently acquired a flatbed scanner, so I finally made good on a promise I made last year.

And I just got the urge to make a thread with manuals I have scanned myself.

"wrench" used to sell a DVD and I'm not doing this to annoy him - if he should still care...

But I scanned these myself from manuals I have (or had). Others are welcome to add in what they have made.

User manual of a FP1 from 1938 (machine used to belong to an old friend of mine. Had been in the shop of Jens Olsen, "world clock" maker):

Dropbox - OldFP1.pdf

Old scan I made years ago of a FP2 (first gen.) spare parts list I bought:

Dropbox - FP2Ersatzteilliste.pdf

User manual FP3:

Dropbox - DeckelFP3ManualGE.pdf

Parts Manual FP3:

Dropbox - FP3SparePartsManual.pdf

Precision Boring Head Parts Catalogue:

Dropbox - BoringHeadSparePartsManual.pdf

Cheers
Erik

(funny thing is: I just saw I already scanned all of these years ago. I should index my hard drives better)

Hi Peter - I know of that site. I have it bookmarked.

Good thing it exists - the more, the better for all of us.

I suppose I'll see all of this there very soon.

Cheers,
Erik

Erik
Thanks for starting this thread and sharing the information.
I might have a few things to add. What is the best way / place to add documents to PM? Don't want another Photo Bucket type problem.

Peter Thanks for posting that link and the email address. I also had it bookmarked from before but it will help others. I think it would be best to have the info in as many places as possible and especially on PM.

So now that I have finally looked at the boring head parts manual. I have to ask is there a second parts manual for the boring head?
I don't see most of the parts I was interested in listed in that manual. In this photo of the back of the split "head" the gear and the parts behind it? Anyone know if the gear will just pull out after removing the 4 set screws?

Andy

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 105
Andy, there is an additional drawing of the boring head in my old FP2 Spare Parts manual.

Not very useful, I'm afraid.

Another thing: Should the PDF files reside on PM - or should they be kept elsewhere?

Dropbox used to be great, but Microsoft bought it. And all of AlfaGTA'a pictures were on

Photo Bucket - so they doesn't exist anymore. Others have made galleries here on PM.

BTW, I also have some manuals of the S1 and the larger pantograph machines - not comprehensive, but maybe useful.

Cheers
Erik

It seems though that you can't download anything from that site without registering using some sort of Microsoft application, which doesn't help much if you use a Mac as I do.
Chris,

You don’t have to register!
It worked on my PC and iPad, just hit the download button?

Kevin

Since the parts manual didn't seem to be much help I thought I'd give it a go. After removing the 4 set screws the drive gear assembly just slides out. I had to use a light slide hammer to do it but it came right out.
All lubed and back together.
Still seems odd that the parts were not in the manual.

Andy

Erik
Thanks for starting this thread and sharing the information.
I might have a few things to add. What is the best way / place to add documents to PM? Don't want another Photo Bucket type problem.

Peter Thanks for posting that link and the email address. I also had it bookmarked from before but it will help others. I think it would be best to have the info in as many places as possible and especially on PM.

So now that I have finally looked at the boring head parts manual. I have to ask is there a second parts manual for the boring head?
I don't see most of the parts I was interested in listed in that manual. In this photo of the back of the split "head" the gear and the parts behind it? Anyone know if the gear will just pull out after removing the 4 set screws?

Andy

Thanks so much for sharing these manuals! Great read if you don't have the machine the are referring to, precious tool if you have it but you lack the manual...

BR,
Thanos

Back