What's new
What's new

thread on the scans

Ok is this a test or what? Why the hell aren't you out in the garage sorting out your machines?
I am not sure where the mistakes are? Guess i haven't seen an FP-A in person so i would not know short of having some brochure..oh that's right, the printed material is untrustworthy.

Martin for what it is worth, check the lower corner of the page in question....it clearly states that Deckel can change specifications at any time!
I don't know what error you are pointing out but likely the brochure was printed in parallel with the machine development so that the final machine that was produced is likely different form the "Sales Brochure". It think it is like the 25RPM speed scale on the Dialog FP-NC machines. In fact there is no 25RPM in that machine, but a switch position and a printed console that says it is there....just did not build that feature into the final machine, and they did not change the switch or the numbering around it...how very un-German. (maybe that part was sub contracted to some guys in a third world country :eek: )

Anyhow, please enlighten us. If the question is on the points marked and circled in your scan i can't say about the spindle speeds, but i don't understand the question on the contour...are you saying that is a mistake, that the control does not compensate for a contour? Thought that was the point of cutter compensation.
Cheers Ross

Ross,
Is the issue of 25 RPM being missing something to do with 50 Hz vs 60 Hz power? Did they label the RPMs according country of purchase. Isn't your FP4NC a machine originally purchased in Deutschland?

Too many questions! Just wondering...

Rich

Rich:
The machines (of our vintage) were fitted with 50 hz motors that are quite happy running on 60hz. There is a different motor/gearbox pulley set for 50 or 60 cycles. The spindle RPM is(in theory) corrected to give the RPM shown on the selector switch. The 25 thing is just a design change from the concept to actual production. The machines never were built with 25 RPM.
It is important to know the spindle speed you really have; It becomes a big factor when tapping. Since the machine has no spindle encoder and therefore no rigid tapping it is crucial to know what the spindle is really doing. I know because i had trouble with this issue. My machine was changed when i got it to have the 60hz pulley set. However on my machine i believe one of the pulleys is not correct! I changed the parts out when the machine was delivered and it was very difficult to get the belt installed. Seemed to be too short. When i asked the tech who did the install (Volker) he assured me that the parts were correct. I never thought anymore about it until i had ocasion to do some tapping in blind holes. Wham, broken tap right off! Checked everything, feed rate, depth etc. Then on a whim i checked the spindle speed. It was running faster than marked. I did a check of the RPM using a strob tach and the speeds were all high. (made a chart giving the actual speed in a given setting) Throuble with a higher than marked speed is that the tap ends going further than you think because it is turning more revolutions in a given time than you think...means it gets to the bottom of your hole before the machine backs it up.
As i said i tahink one of the pulleys is not corrrect, but in truth besides the tapping thing i don't worry about it.(now i just program the tap way short and finish by hand) I like the 3500 RPM top speed that it gives me, and it hasen't caused any problems mechanically that i am aware of.
Cheers Ross

It is as usual that the lazy marketing guys did not update the sales brochures to the latest technical standard. It seems all companies did that. I have seen VW sales brochurers with indicator lights painted in, because they used last years pictures again, but the car had changed some.

Anyway, the Dialog control scan shows a Dialog 1 (possibly 2), but describes a Dialog 4 control.

The FP A scan shows a machine with an enclosure that has no front sliding door. I dont think that existed. Possibly altered to give a better view of the machine?

I have never seen an FP4TC with that tool changer and a plastic cover around it. Also those cumbersome front door switches look unfamiliar. I am not sure, but it all looks fishy.

The FP4NC has that funny mounting point on the machine foot. I have seen that in pictures before, but not in real life. I know that later they mounted the control of the FP A machines on there, but didn't that look different?

I think the brochure is from 88. I have to check that.
Anyway , I thought you'd like the pretty pictures.
Should also answer some questions for the control-confused amoung us.

Back