What's new
What's new

TOS FN22 manual scanned

JFW

Aluminum
I finally got time to scan the manual of my TOS FN22 tonight. Download it here: http://www.johnsenframeworks.com/tmp/tos_fn22_manual.pdf -Right click and "Save as" is propably the way to go since the file is app. 38mb.

1306735584_256e39ebca.jpg

Enjoy,

Truls

Hola,

It would be interesting to hear the differences and similarities with Deckel and the clones.

Truls

Hola,

It would be interesting to hear the differences and similarities with Deckel and the clones.

Truls

I recently got a 1962 TOS FN22 very similar to Yours. It is very much like a deckel i had in the 1980:s. Mine is worn but I am surprised how well it works for such an old piece of iron. It´s stil capable of quite accurate work. Controls are as far as I have noticed same as on the deckel, which I liked a lot. I also found that it can handle surprisingly heavy milling for such a small machine. It´s hefty weight probably is an advantage there. The rather short lead screw strokes on the table axes limits its usefulness to smaller work. The general finish on the TOS is a lot rougher compared to the Deckel.
I have a question for You in case You still read this thread: Did Yours also come with MK4 tooling using the M14 drawbar instead of the M16 usual standard? How did You handle this?
I am considering re threading everything to M16 and making a new drawbar.
/Erik Isberg

Hi, I know this is a very old thread but I am looking for the manual for the TOS FN22, I would really appreciate if someone could help me.
TIA
Alfredo

Karl,
I really appreciate your help, just went to the link you sent me and found the manuals, you really helped me.

Cheers
Alfredo

Back