for a long time.

If I opt for the universal table how much does it reduce
rigidity?

I assume that the universal table allows for you to adjust
most errors due to wear - is that true?

Paul

I suppose "most" is the word in this situation...
But anyway, a tilting and swivelling table is a must have imho. Universal is the cherry on the cake.

Euro toolroom mills are pieces of fine craftmanship.That means also that every part or attachment is made in the same quality.In your case, high quality casting, scraped contact faces and ways,12.9 studs,bolts and nuts in every connection and dial gauges for tramming back to original position on the later models.Their complicated structure made them often heavier than the standard tables and of course a very expensive option at the time.

I have a tilting swiveling table on my FP1. Don't think I lose much rigidity but I do lose almost 4 inches of Z.

Teryk

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

For comparison purposes (all for the late model Deckel FP1):

The fixed "Rigid Angular Table" has an admissible load of 440lbs
"Pivotable Angular Table" = 440lbs
"Pivotable Circular Table"= 220lbs

Probably pretty similar capacity percentages across the various model ranges, the FP4M "Rigid Angular Table" admissible load is 880lbs, "Pivotable Circular Table" is 440lbs and the "Universal Table" is 660lbs

Hi All,

Paul

You can use the "nod" of the various universal/toolmaker/pivotable tables to compensate "somewhat" for X axis droop-, but IMHO, that is kind of a bandaid for an issue that should be corrected by scraping and refitting. Pretty sure you can not really correct for other wear errors (like X axis rocking or Y and Z way movement irregularities) via table adjustments.

Back