Very very late FP1

Manufactorer is GWF
Never heard of them
Some googling reveals Egin Heinich alias Spindeldocter
So it is a rebuild machine probably
Do they have a reputation ??
I don`t think so

Peter

Correct, straight from the manufacturer, lead time about 10 months, delivered via ship to Oakland, CA USA port....really nice product....also have virtually every accessory ever made for the Deckel FP1 (half of the accessories were bought on used market). FPS also made me some custom horizontal arbors of various imperial diameters for cutters more commonly found in the USA. And, most interestingly I have custom bracket to accomodate my new Benz-Tools angle heads. Less than typical accessories include NSK ultra high-speed grinder head, and ultra high-speed milling spindle. Also a Wako 7 Suttgart 60 Rotary Milling Head.

I suspect GWF was a supplier of Deckel, possibly doing a lot of castings, machining and subassemblies. As they were in Holzkirchen they were in same "smelling zone" as many Deckel suppliers. I think everyone was in the same Soccer league, rifle club, Rabbit breader association. When DMG no longer wanted to do the FP1 GWF probably made a deal with them to make them under their name, which inicates they may have bought the rights too. At some time I suspect FPS stepped in and bought them out or in. This way FPS could now use those Rights.
There must have been a lot of dirty laundry going on in the FPS-Deckel-DMG crowd, but this goes back to the mid-90ies and they may have overcome this. But of Course FPS is known to not be a Group of Rabbit petters and gift bearers.

I may just call that number on the web site and ask them. I find this all interesting and totally admire a healthy Business drive (dont know how to spell the word I want and this Computer autocorrects everything to german)

In my discussions with FPS I got the sense that FPS was founded by a bunch of ex-Deckel/DMG folks fairly shortly after the Deckel/DMG bankruptcy. FPS initially started off doing maintenance and reburb of the Deckel product line. I do believe they got access to most of the intellectual property of Deckel at the time of their founding. They only started making new machines relatively recently (past 10 years?). In recent conversations with them, they have told me that they have spare parts for all the machines in stock so they have made a signficant commitment to Deckel machines. Further, clearly they have the original casting molds as their machines (such as my FPS 300 M) are almost identical (possibly some electronics upgrades) to the last generation of Deckel FP1 Aktiv Digital product.

Don't have any sense at about who GWF is.....someone in germany might have a better sense about them.

OK I made a phone call.

Deckel had 3 factories. One one them was in Holzkirchen. They made castings, spindles, ...
In some restructuring the factory was bought out by 3 of the local business directors, but continued to supply Deckel, then DMG and later also made castings for FPS.
This was now GWF (letters of the new owners).

They also made the FP1 for DMG, but had no rights to it and were not allowed to sell it directly.

GWF later became insolvent, which would have meant that FPS would have lost its key supplier. So FPS bought out GWF.
They do not make the FPS machines there, but only make components.

FPS was formed by 10 guys of the Deckel Service organization to continue serving Deckel machines. It grew from there. As to Rights and patterns I have doubts. When Deckel ended there was a kind of free-for-all Phase and the future FPS guys had Access to everything. Things happened and with the merging of first MAHO and then Gildemeister it must have been difficult to reigns Things in.

The FPS machines have similarities with the Deckel FP, but there must be significant and multitude differences. Given their Heritage I would not doubt the Quality, even though some things seem cheesy to me (by Looks, never touched one).
How do I turn off the frigging auto-correct on this Computer!

OK I made a phone call.

Deckel had 3 factories. One one them was in Holzkirchen. They made castings, spindles, ...
In some restructuring the factory was bought out by 3 of the local business directors, but continued to supply Deckel, then DMG and later also made castings for FPS.
This was now GWF (letters of the new owners).

They also made the FP1 for DMG, but had no rights to it and were not allowed to sell it directly.

GWF later became insolvent, which would have meant that FPS would have lost its key supplier. So FPS bought out GWF.
They do not make the FPS machines there, but only make components.

FPS was formed by 10 guys of the Deckel Service organization to continue serving Deckel machines. It grew from there. As to Rights and patterns I have doubts. When Deckel ended there was a kind of free-for-all Phase and the future FPS guys had Access to everything. Things happened and with the merging of first MAHO and then Gildemeister it must have been difficult to reigns Things in.

The FPS machines have similarities with the Deckel FP, but there must be significant and multitude differences. Given their Heritage I would not doubt the Quality, even though some things seem cheesy to me (by Looks, never touched one).
How do I turn off the frigging auto-correct on this Computer!

I see nothing but top quality in my FPS 300 M, no shortcuts in manufacturing. I do believe however that the electronics must be different because they are all state of the Siemens components. Not sure what you are referring to with respect to auto-correct on the Computer, but the operation of my FPS 300 M is identical the late model Deckel FP Aktiv Digital, one can use the same users manual and everything is the same.

I see nothing but top quality in my FPS 300 M, no shortcuts in manufacturing. I do believe however that the electronics must be different because they are all state of the Siemens components. Not sure what you are referring to with respect to auto-correct on the Computer, but the operation of my FPS 300 M is identical the late model Deckel FP Aktiv Digital, one can use the same users manual and everything is the same.

I strongly suspect, that since he has a location as Germany, it's a local thing, as far as auto correct goes.
May be I am wrong. It happens. :)

Martin is using a computer that is normally working in native German, and he is writing this post in English ...suspect the computer is trying to auto correct into German.....
Cheers Ross

it is probably Windows auto correct as Ross says, here is image of the setting location I googled up, it may be slightly different in German Windows, but should be under the same section in Settings, can also be in the internet browser settings, but I'd check Windows first

187534d1525545707-turn-off-autocorrect-hardware-keyboard-windows-10-a-typing_settings.jpg

Sorry for that "inner Monolog" earlier.
I have had a new Computer now for 3 days. It is also an unfamiliar operating sytem and generally confusing all over. It is also the first time since 1996 that I am using a german Keyboard and Country and language Setting. See what happened here- I did not capitalize those words.
Since 1996 I only ever lived in Germany full time 2001 to 2006, and even there worked in an english/french Environment.
Now I have been here full time since March thanks to COVID and love it. I do not plan to return to the Office and will "retire" in 9 month.
I figure I rather retire in frugality with some Health than retire well off but dead 10 years later.
Maybe Peter V will hire me for machine recovery Actions or inspections. I have a large truck now and dont know why. I am also up to 4 forklifts now, its embarrassing.
I warned Franz S. that if he were Closer I would loiter at his shop ALL the time.
I will soon have time to un-hibernate all my NC stuff and look Forward to it.

Back