What's new
What's new

U2 grinder attachments to fit Deckel S0 grinder?

DJ2

Aluminum
Lately is seems there are a lot of good-looking D-bit grinders on the market, similar to the original Deckel S0 grinder. These machines feature useful attachments to do tooling and lathe bits, all with sliding ways, again, similar to the Deckel. I would buy one of these machines however I recently came into a Deckel S0 at a very good price. So now the question is, will the U2 grinder attachments retrofit to the Deckel? Who has a U2 grinder AND an original Deckel?
Grinder Attachment.jpg

Lately is seems there are a lot of good-looking D-bit grinders on the market, similar to the original Deckel S0 grinder. These machines feature useful attachments to do tooling and lathe bits, all with sliding ways, again, similar to the Deckel. I would buy one of these machines however I recently came into a Deckel S0 at a very good price. So now the question is, will the U2 grinder attachments retrofit to the Deckel? Who has a U2 grinder AND an original Deckel?
View attachment 343585

That endmill sharpener is fairly nice, but the cast iron the main block is made of, is terrible. I bought that, but remade that block. It does fit. I have an SOE that I got it for. If you email me, I will send pics. of the remade item. I also made a nice lathe tool holder that adjusts for height, to be used along with the optical comparator, though I don't have one for my grinder yet...one day.

[email protected]

Hello
I have accessories (what you have in the photo) from U2 and I also have an S0E grinder. The holder from U2 is bigger in the grooves compared to the original Deckel by approx. 1.34 mm, so it can be modified to cover S0E so that it can be used (5C pliers), remove the paint, spray and it is unrecognizable, in any case, the design of the division is tragic :-)

for Dan McDonough: I'd be interested in seeing more photos of that lathe tool

FWIW I have a U2 and wish I had bought an S0 instead. The quality and fit are not up to Deckel standards. So if you do buy U2 accessories, you should think of it as a "parts kit" which you will use as a starting point to make something of better quality.

I have since purchased the U2 end mill adaptor and it fits perfectly on the S0. I will always keep the Deckel, so the price is not as critical.

Hey, I recently purchased a 1989 deckel SO wired for 440 and I need it wired for 220. I didn't think it would be so difficult to find wiring info.
Any suggestions on where to look?
Should I post in this forum? It says it's for mills.

Back