Wanted ! ! ! - Page 18
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Wanted ! ! !

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That machine doesn't have plain bearings, good grief. It's not from the 1920s. That machine looks 1960s and certainly has ball bearings through out. I used to own this 700:
    http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...e-p1000653.jpg

Looks almost identical. It was a 1960s machine and had ball bearings everywhere. Nice machine except for the missing table. I sold it for $800 to a member here, lectrician1, who took it to Las Vegas and cleaned it all up. He had it on a craigslist a while back, may still have it I don't know. The spindles on my 700 were MT4, I'd say 99% chance that 600 has MT4 spindles.

2. Likes TheOldCar liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adh2000 View Post
    That machine doesn't have plain bearings, good grief. It's not from the 1920s. That machine looks 1960s and certainly has ball bearings through out. I used to own this 700:

Looks almost identical. It was a 1960s machine and had ball bearings everywhere. Nice machine except for the missing table. I sold it for $800 to a member here, lectrician1, who took it to Las Vegas and cleaned it all up. He had it on a craigslist a while back, may still have it I don't know. The spindles on my 700 were MT4, I'd say 99% chance that 600 has MT4 spindles.
    So this post mentions plain bearing in spindle of a 600 lower bearing) : Tapered plain bearing runout
    My apologies for my wannabe poser questions...
    Any definitive answer on this? I too am surprised that such a machine would have plain bearings.
    Last edited by TheOldCar; 05-18-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Plain bearing spindles were carried on much later than the 1920's....Someone here will put this right but I think the FP1's had them well into the 50's.....
    Like i said "Not a Maho guy" your results might vary.
    If there is a parts manual for this exact machine that would answer the question...
    Cheers Ross

5. Likes TheOldCar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldCar View Post
    So this post mentions plain bearing in spindle of a 600 flower bearing): Tapered plain bearing runout
    My apologies for my wannabe poser questions...
    Any definitive answer on this? I too am surprised that such a machine would have plain bearings.
    That's fine but note that the vertical head on that machine looks nothing like the vertical head on my 700 or the 600 you are considering. The thread you linked claims that machine is 1960s but I don't believe it. The motor frame style, overall styling of the machine, side door, head profile, all points to that plain bearing machine being earlier, like 40s maybe. My 700 was 1966 and it's true I don't know for sure, but I'd bet it had rollers just like the Deckels of the same era. The 600 you're looking at looks the same to me.

7. Likes TheOldCar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTA View Post
    Plain bearing spindles were carried on much later than the 1920's....Someone here will put this right but I think the FP1's had them well into the 50's.....
    Like i said "Not a Maho guy" your results might vary.
    If there is a parts manual for this exact machine that would answer the question...
    Cheers Ross
    My early 50’s FP1 has plain bearings in the vertical and horizontal spindles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes TheOldCar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adh2000 View Post

I have a similar era late 60's MH600 and it has INT40 tapers in both spindles. At some point in the 60's Maho moved from MT4 to 40 taper. Likewise the 50's plain bearing vertical heads are much more slender than the quite "chubby" later ones that are ball/roller. Google the SK250 Maho and compare the head to this one and you get the idea.
    Lovely machine. With two tables and the horizontal overarm the one on EBay is reasonably equipped but other accessories are much harder to find than Deckel stuff. If you're the kind of "completist" that feels the need for a machine with a cabinet full of all the factory accessories start somewhere else. If, however, you want a really good machine that is just that bit bigger than an FP1 then the MH600 is a good choice.

Manual downloadable here - posted by another PM member - (opens PDF in GoogleDrive so don't click on the link from your phone )
    Maho MH6 Manual.pdf - Google Drive

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WTB- Sales literature and/or manual on Deckel FP1 second generation mills...i.e with the dual dials...... original or copy is ok depending on price.

[email protected]

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wanted;
    Looking for the arm taht attaches a pattern forming atatachment to a KF series copy mill pantograph. I have the forming attachment and the bearing arm . I need teh attach arm that attaches to teh deckel itself. OR if someone has one I would appreciate the measurements , lengths, angles etc. so I can fabricate one. Thank you.pattern_form_att__3014_.jpg

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

G'Day Fella's,
    I'm looking for Spiral Machining Attachment (and all of it's component parts and accessories), for a Deckel, FP3 milling machine. I would prefer it to be in Excellent to Very Good condition.
    Please see below, for an image of what it is I'm looking for.

I'm located in Australia, and would prefer to source this from here.

Regards JB

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5edb9e6a6b.jpg

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looking for any accessories for an Aciera F5, I have a Fixed table and vertical head but i need the horizontal overarm bracket, universal table.

Also i have the dividing head table geartrain and case, but no dividing head.

I know this is a long shot, i'm in australia but willing to ship etc.

Regards

15. Likes HomerOz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Note that F4 tables will fit on an F5 and vice versa. Ideally you will find a last-generation "universal" (tilting is more accurate) table, because they are lower and don't chew up as much Z headroom as the original design. Greub in Switzerland has a lot of what appears to be new-old-stock F4 and F5 accessories. I bought a fixed table and slotting head from them, and their prices were quite reasonable. The shipping from Switzerland to the US was bearable but not cheap.

I suggest you consider non-Aciera dividing heads. For example, a Hardinge dividing head is a lovely piece of hardware, and would not care whose geartrain drives it. I have a Hardinge dividing head for my mills, but it does not have the driveshaft input for helical milling.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi there, I'm new to these boards. I'm looking for an Abene VHF-3, or Deckel FP2 right now and thought I'd cast my line out here. Budget in the 7-9k range. Not looking for any project machines. Too many projects already! I'm in the Los Angeles area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Long shot but looking for Deckel FP1 with accessories.

UK based.

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Aciera F3 high speed head and slotting head wanted.

Regards

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looking for a clean and complete Deckel S11 tool and cutter grinder.

thx
    PM

21. Likes Laurentian liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looking for a 40 taper (Preferrably SK40 with M16 drawbar threads) Boring and Facing head. Willing to ship to Australia from wherever. Also have unused in box mizoguchi UPA3 clone if that helps as trade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Veebee View Post
    Hi there, I'm new to these boards. I'm looking for an Abene VHF-3, or Deckel FP2 right now and thought I'd cast my line out here. Budget in the 7-9k range. Not looking for any project machines. Too many projects already! I'm in the Los Angeles area.
    Over your budget... but for the ultimate FP2 maybe you can check under the sofa cushions....

Deckel FP2 with Universal Table and Positip 6 axis DRO | eBay

s-l64.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by precisionmetal View Post
    Looking for a clean and complete Deckel S11 tool and cutter grinder.

thx
    PM
    There's a sweet S-1 at ABMachinery in Montreal right now, think it's on ebay

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Over your budget... but for the ultimate FP2 maybe you can check under the sofa cushions....

Deckel FP2 with Universal Table and Positip 6 axis DRO | eBay

s-l64.jpg
    Believe me, I drool over that listing at least a couple of times a week. I ended snagging a Schaublin 13 from our own Peter from Holland. Not that I also wouldn't mind that FP2 :P Pretty much the nicest one I've seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Wanted FP2 SK40 Collets

Looking for a set of imperial (INCH) collets for my FP2. Located Toronto, Canada