Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Wanted ! ! !

Country
    GERMANY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Degull View Post
    Looking for a set of imperial (INCH) collets for my FP2. Located Toronto, Canada
    These can be hard to find and/or expensive. A solution that will work up to about 5/8" is to use inch 355E collets (also called U2 collets) in an SK40/355E holder.

Holder is here (but out of stock): open end reduction sleeve ISO40-U2 with extractor - RCORAU2SK40 | Open | Reduction | MACHINE ACCESSORIES | RC-Machines EN

Here (but expensive): Spannzangenaufnahme SK40 gebr. fur Deckel Frasmaschine. | eBay

The 355E collets in inch sizes are easy to find at reasonable prices in many places:
    Spannzange 355E S20x2 5/8" Inch NEU z.B. Deckel DMG Maho Mikron | eBay

If you are not worried about losing an inch or two of Z then you might be better off getting an ER40 collet holder:

Spannzangenfutter SK40 S20x2 ER40 z.B. fur Deckel Frasmaschine | eBay

It is easy to get ER40 collets either in inch sizes or in 1mm steps that cover inch sizes:
    ER40 Collets Individual Metric and Imperial Sizes - MariTool

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I plan on buying a ER40 tool holder and collet set in the near future. I think that makes the most sense financially. I will be able to use the ER40 collets in my lathe as well.
    I own a U2 collet set and 40 taper adapter without the threaded ring. I’ll try to avoid using the U2/40 taper adapter because I am afraid to get it stuck in the machine. The U2/40 adapter with the threaded removal ring looks like a good cheap option as well.
    I hope to find all the original 40 taper Deckel collets over time and use the ER40 collets in the mean time.
    Thanks for all the info!!

Country
    GERMANY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think you can't go wrong with the ER40 setup. Many people don't even have a drill chuck, they just use the ER40 collets.

I own a U2 collet set and 40 taper adapter without the threaded ring. I’ll try to avoid using the U2/40 taper adapter because I am afraid to get it stuck in the machine. The U2/40 adapter with the threaded removal ring looks like a good cheap option as well.
    You are right to be afraid of this type of taper adaptor getting stuck. It happened to me when I first got my mill, and after I got that adaptor out I never used it again. Deckel made 3 types of these U2/40 adaptors. I have one of each but the only one that I use is the type with the threaded ring.

The threaded-ring type turn up fairly often on German ebay at good prices. If I see one I'll let you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ballen View Post
    The threaded-ring type turn up fairly often on German ebay at good prices. If I see one I'll let you know.
    I would appreciate that very much! Danke schön!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi.

I have one - the good one with the threaded ring. In great condition - looks unused.
    I got it to Norway as a brit there needed it. But when I wrote him here, he had forgotten all about it.
    And now I took it home again, as I don't think he deserves it with his recent behaviour.

It's for sale, as I don't want to ever use those type 355 20mm tube collets. I had a metric set, but sold it.

Cheers
    Erik

Edit: The adapter itself looks new and the ring has been used, but in nice condition.

Country
    GERMANY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would appreciate that very much!
    Don’t wait, make Eric an offer Wanted ! ! !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It looks like Singers version, so I'd like €70 plus whatever is needed for postage.
    But is it worth the hassle getting it across the pond?

Cheers
    Erik

Country
    GREECE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looking for a set of imperial (INCH) collets for my FP2. Located Toronto, Canada
    Hey Degull,

are you after the 40 taper collets? I have several such imperial collets, but I don't think I have two complete sets (implying I want to keep a complete set for myself). If you like, I can see if there are any duplicates.

(I mainly use them for 1" shank endmills that my friend Kyriakos has offered)

BR,
    Thanos

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thanvg View Post
    Hey Degull,

are you after the 40 taper collets? I have several such imperial collets
    Yes, I am looking for 40 taper collets. I have 1", 3/4", 5/8" and 1/2". If you have any extra other than the ones I just mentioned, I would be interested!!

Fernando

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Speaking of 40 taper Deckel collets.... I seem to have too many 3/8" collets and no 1/4"! Anyone up for trading?

I'm slowly starting to rejoin the Deckel scene, been occasionally running the FP3 manual mill last few months and have an FP3NC/Dialog 3 I'm thinking of retrofitting.... not having a 1/4" collet is starting to bug me haha.

Thanks,
    Alex.

Country
    GREECE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, I am looking for 40 taper collets. I have 1", 3/4", 5/8" and 1/2". If you have any extra other than the ones I just mentioned, I would be interested!!

Fernando
    will try to check tonight and let you know!

BR,
    Thanos

Country
    GREECE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi there,

I checked my collets, it seems that my collection was not as large as I had thought.

My duplicates are:

- SK40: 3/4" and 1"
    - 355E: 1/8 up to 19/16 with 1/16 step. Or, put differently, all the k/32" collets, where k is an even number except for 2/32=1/16 and the final 20/32=5/8". (maybe an imperial guy would make this more clear to imperial guys, but I am not one...)

BR,
    Thanos

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wanted
    I'm looking for a few things and thought I'd try PM before making them or search for them online in Germany.

1 Deckel dog style drive ring (not sure of the right name)
    still not sure how many different versions there are of these but probably two.

2 Deckel FP3 manual / parts list in English
    There is a link to one on PM's manual section but the link didn't work for me. tried a google search and on here but didn't find anything.

3 Deckel FP3 horizontal quill handle
    Prefer the one with the two ball knobs. Are they all the same for the FP3's? To replace the black plastic non original handle in the photo

Andy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 270.jpg  

Country
    GERMANY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy St View Post
    Deckel dog style drive ring (not sure of the right name)
    still not sure how many different versions there are of these but probably two.
    There are two styles. Search PM for "Deckel Drive Ring". If you are looking at German Ebay search for "Deckel Mitnehmerring".

Deckel FP3 manual / parts list in English
    There is a link to one on PM's manual section but the link didn't work for me. tried a google search and on here but didn't find anything.
    Here it the multi-lingual parts list (I just checked that the link works):
    DECKEL - FP3 : Vues eclatees | Usinages
    Use the "Telechargé" button to download.
    You may need to join the "Passion-Usinages" forum to get access. Quick and free.
    They have the manual in French and in German but not in English:
    https://www.usinages.com/search/2029...ce&o=relevance

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ballen View Post
    There are two styles. Search PM for "Deckel Drive Ring". If you are looking at German Ebay search for "Deckel Mitnehmerring".

Thanks very much for your time on this ballen. The correct German search term is what I needed. I'm not really in a hurry so I'll just keep looking for a used one. I saw your post about making one if I need one sooner i'll just make one. Thanks for putting that info on PM.

Here it the multi-lingual parts list (I just checked that the link works):
    DECKEL - FP3 : Vues eclatees | Usinages
    Use the "Telechargé" button to download.
    You may need to join the "Passion-Usinages" forum to get access. Quick and free.
    They have the manual in French and in German but not in English:
    https://www.usinages.com/search/2029...ce&o=relevance
    I joined and downloaded the parts manual but it is a much more modern machine than this one. I don't think I can use any of that info. I don't want to buy some expensive parts from Germany and have them shipped only to find out they aren't the right ones. It still might be good to help with naming the parts.

thanks
    Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you have any parts manual, even if its for a later version...
    Sometimes you can scan the page where the part appears and circle the needed part include your machine's serial number and send the scan along to the
    usual German parts suppliers.....
    They will know what fits what based on your serial....Have done this for parts where i was uncertain of the number or description ...Singer always came through with the correct item...

Of course if you can't find anything like what you need in the parts book, well then that is a different kettle of fish...
    Cheers Ross

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Ross

I just downloaded the operator manual and it seems great but It's in German. I will try and get a list together when I get a chance to look over the machine. I will need way wipers for every slide and maybe all of the bellows. Not the most beautiful of Deckels but it should clean up ok. Everything seems to work that I have tried. The worst part seems to be the table with some bad cuts in it.
    I'll try singer when I get the list together. I have bought from them before but it was through eBay.
    Same oils as the FP3NC?

ballen thanks again some of my reply to you is in your quote.

Andy

18. Likes ballen liked this post
    Country
    GERMANY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Andy,

Yes, I saw your reply to me "embedded" in the quote. Just be careful with the tags in the future to avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy St View Post
    I joined and downloaded the parts manual but it is a much more modern machine than this one.
    There may be no parts manual for your machine. So you may also find it useful to look at a parts manual from an earlier FP2. You want the exploded diagrams (Vue éclatées):

https://www.usinages.com/search/2033...ce&o=relevance

What Ross said is correct. Also, many of the machines "evolved" continuously so lots of parts are interchangeable.

The wipers you need are also available from multiple sources. German ebay search term is "Deckel Abstreifer". These also evolved so be sure to identify the correct type for your FP3.

Cheers, Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Andy,
    I have a parts manual for your machine.
    From the number on the backside, it looks like it's from nov. 1975.
    It's multilingual (german, english, french italian, spanish, swedish and russian).
    I also have a German user's manual, but you already have a digital copy.

And I have a like new tilt/swivel table for an FP3. I l haven't used it, as it weighs 155 kg.
    My shop crane isn't there yet and it feels a bit heavy for my FP2.
    I'd much rather have a 2037 table (but who wouldn't).
    Too bad you're not in Europe - it would probably be too expensive to get it into the US.

Cheers
    Erik

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Bruce
    I appreciate you time helping me.

Andy