Wanted ! ! ! - Page 21
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Wanted ! ! !

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All Dialog controls 2-4 were fully 4 axis capable. There are 4 slots in the operators console for axis cards (NZP)
    The fourth axis could be the NC dividing head , the NC rotary table or the encoder input from the "Tool Makers Table".....

All fourth axis setups were i am pretty sure considered optional and not standard with the base machines.
    The EXE 610 box was only needed fro the encoder output from The Tool Makers Table, all the other 4th accessories connected directly to the #4 NZP board in the control.

Machines fitted with the 2038 tables would have had the EXE 610 as its required to display at the control.
    Machine setups change over time...tables get installed and removed...Even though a machine might not have the 2038 installed it could have some time in its life, and perhaps
    the EXE box remained with the machine....its all unknown until you look in the bottom of the control....
    Cheers Ross

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've purchased a number of EXE boxes on ebay, not exactly that one, but there are always plenty of them, often pretty cheap, and I've never received a bad one so far, so I guess they are pretty durable. Some dismantlers chop the cable off right at the bulkhead fitting, try to get one with a long enough cable to work in your application because the inside connector is probably difficult to source. I ~think~ the connector on the opposite end of the box is standard to all boxes. Also, I ~think~ some variants of the boxes use the same PC board inside with different settings on the DIP switches, so it would be smart to know for sure what the correct switch settings are for the box you need. There are documents on Heidenhain's site for each box that list the switch settings for various modes, but I'm not smart enough to understand all of them. Once the box is installed and wired up, it's easy to change the board in place if you suspect it's not working correctly at some point in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTA View Post
    All Dialog controls 2-4 were fully 4 axis capable. There are 4 slots in the operators console for axis cards (NZP)
    The fourth axis could be the NC dividing head , the NC rotary table or the encoder input from the "Tool Makers Table".....

All fourth axis setups were i am pretty sure considered optional and not standard with the base machines.
    The EXE 610 box was only needed fro the encoder output from The Tool Makers Table, all the other 4th accessories connected directly to the #4 NZP board in the control.

Machines fitted with the 2038 tables would have had the EXE 610 as its required to display at the control.
    Machine setups change over time...tables get installed and removed...Even though a machine might not have the 2038 installed it could have some time in its life, and perhaps
    the EXE box remained with the machine....its all unknown until you look in the bottom of the control....
    Cheers Ross
    Thanks Ross, you helped to jog my memory! The machine the uni-table came off of had a Dynapath control, and a separate Heidenhain box for just the table.
    So it's unlikely I have one of these boxes?

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ross, thank you for posting the photo. I don't know if this particular 2038-1100 table originally came on a FP3A or a FP3NC. I would like to verify that it has the 9000 line per rev. encoder before I buy the EXE610. We already know that there is an output when the table is cranked (the cable from the table is connected directly to the cable to the NZP). We also see output when we connect the table to a Heidenhain DRO. I have zero experience with Heidenhain DRO's... How does the DRO know to display degrees? Are there dip switch settings for that, along with the signal resolution?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pretty sure the EXE box interpolates the signal from the rotary encoder and converts from sine wave format to TTL. Some, not all EXE boxes have internal settings like Mud mentioned. The NZP55 board ( Dialog control) has a DIP switch with settings to designate X,Y,Z or C axis display, when you set the DIP switch for C axis, the Dialog control knows to display degrees. Not sure about how things work with Dynapath.

Would suggest extreme care handling the rotary encoders, they are a little exotic, very expensive to replace and expensive to repair.

6. Likes AlfaGTA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To the best of my knowledge there are only a few of the Heidenhain DRO's that can actually display rotary encoder inputs as rotary elements (degrees and decimal degrees or degrees and minute/seconds.)

Can be set via DIP switches or parameters depends on the DRO age....Got to go to the HH site and look at the user information for a specific DRO...
    Used to have a list when i was sorting all this out. Started when i got an "Aktive" FP2 with the "toolmakers Table fitted with the encoder.
    Machine came with a TNC113 Heidenhain DRO that could run the machine to stop at programmed points, but no way to actually display the rotary encoder...
    Finally found a sutible DRO that could do angles and piggy backed it above the TNC 113....

The table that i got from an FP3-A having the 7200 line encoder is numbered 2038-500.
    Looks as though all the 9000 line encoders are 2038-800/1100/1200or 1300..................

Cheers Ross

8. Likes rimcanyon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ross, thanks for the detailed explanation. Still looking for the proper exe box. I found a few that might work, but they differ slightly in part number from yours. I went to the Heidenhain site and could not find any info on exe 610 series. They have an "Infobase" category, but search takes you to Heidenhain.de and requires a login account.

Colt45, I found some documentation on exe 600 series, the input is sinusoidal, the output can be unclocked TTL or clocked TTL. Frequency varies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Suggest determining exactly which encoder you have before buying the EXE box, will likely have a ROD or RON number, ie ROD 700 (thats the one in my NCT, the Universal table uses a different model). Most likely your encoder is sine output.

There are at least 3 different Heidenhain sine formats, most likely you have 11 micro amp.
    There are a few different DIP settings on both switches on the NZP that relate to the rotary encoder, including resolution and continuous revolutions or single turn (360) display.

11. Likes rimcanyon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I made some progress with the infobase by going direct to heidenhain.de. Unfortunately there is no product information available for the exe 610 that is in Ross' machine. There is a general manual with lots of info (EXE 610, Operating Instructions German), but nothing that lists the differences between exe 610 models with very similar part numbers. However, and this is pure speculation, the general manual does have a table that explains the differences between 217 598 02, 03 and 06 (Ross unit is 09). The only difference being the type of 12-pin (output) connector. 06 is a Souriau Kupplung, and the diagram shows it being connected to Siemens controls, so perhaps 09 provides a 12-pin coupling that is specific to Grundig controls?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't know for sure, but believe specific part number could be to define the output cable.
    The connector for connecting to the NZP board is pretty specific for the Dialog boards....

Other boxes that could easily be the same on the electronics might have different connections, that in the end might be changeable.

Additionally, i can tell you that i had an EXE 610 fail! Not sure what the failure was to the box, but the result was that it killed the connected NZP board.
    Also be aware that there are different levels of NZP boards. ending i believe with the NZP 59 (Dialog 4) For use with the table encoder however the earlier Dialog 2 NZP's will work just fine in the 4th slot....

Cheers Ross

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi all,
    My FP4Nc has the Nc indexer using the fourth slot with a NZP board and displays on the c axis. My machine doesn't have the box. My uni- table displays on a separate Heidenhain readout.Model # VRZ560 It displays in degrees, minutes and seconds or 3 place decimal degrees. the table is connected directly to it.
    Cave

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Deckel FP1 Slotting Head

I have been collecting some accessories for my new (to me) Deckel FP1 and I am still looking for a Slotting Head. You can email me at [email protected]

Thank you,
    John

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Abene VHF-3 overarm support wanted.

I know there's at least one spare out there in the world somewhere since mine's missing.

17. Likes thanvg liked this post