What's new
What's new

What Aciera models were Mfg. in Indonesia?

Spud

Diamond
An Indonesian company bought Aciera some time in the 80s or 90s . I was wondering what models they manufacturerd there and whether said models were originally manufactured in Switzerland with only production moving to Indonesia.

The garish color schemes that Aciera tended towards in the 80s and or 90s, were they after being bought by the Indonesian company?

An Indonesian company bought Aciera some time in the 80s or 90s . I was wondering what models they manufacturerd there and whether said models were originally manufactured in Switzerland with only production moving to Indonesia.

The garish color schemes that Aciera tended towards in the 80s and or 90s, were they after being bought by the Indonesian company?
The most garish of all (Purple) were made in Switzerland toward the end but I think only the CNC machines. Texmaco Perkasa was the Indonesian company that bought Aciera and their machines were turquoise and tan. I have all their brochures but just from memory they only made the F1, F3 mills, the small drill press and the jig borer (yes, the jig borer...a rather insane choice to produce in the 1990's) Any CNC machines they sold were Taiwanese with Aciera nameplates added.

Btw, if you are curious how I know so much about the Indonesian Acieras... about 2001 I attended the auction of Texmaco Perkasa in Spartanburg, SC. They actually were a conglomerate that made textile machinery and the Greenville/Spartanburg area of SC used to be a huge area for textile plants and textile machinery.

It was a great auction as most things went dirt cheap... I bought a couple of Perkasa CNC lathes, two Miyano CNC lathes, and two Perkasa Aciera drill presses...almost new. Looking back on it, it sure is frustrating that they didn't have any of the Aciera mills as they would have sold for nothing probably...but the two little drill presses were all they had in Aciera stuff.

But got to talking with the plant manager and he got me brochures on the Aciera line complete with dealer pricing...so it was tempting to order a new F3..but just never did do it. Just as well I guess as support for same now is apparently zero since it appears Perkasa gave up on the line about five years later.

I don't know this for sure, but my impression is that Luthy and another Swiss dealer bought all the Aciera parts inventory at the time of the Swiss sellout and Texmaco Perkasa only made new machines. But in all these years I have yet to hear of a single confirmed case of anyone buying any brand new part for any Aciera machine from anyone....so I don't know what to think on that score really.

Thanks for the added info.
I was googling for a Perkasa website on the Acieras because I remember several years ago they used to have one and featured some Aciera models.

Well couldn't find an active website for Texmaco-Perkasa but did stumble upon this Australian website that provides Siemens controls for Perkasa's machine tools. You can see an Aciera CNC mill with the Siemens control, and the picture says it is still available....since 2000.

Machine Tools Builder Support - Texmaco Perkasa

So the next time some brave soul wants to tackle an Aciera cnc basket case, they know where to go for help. 'Course there is the little issue of cost.

T You can see an Aciera CNC mill with the Siemens control, and the picture says it is still available....since 2000.

Machine Tools Builder Support - Texmaco Perkasa

So the next time some brave soul wants to tackle an Aciera cnc basket case, they know where to go for help. 'Course there is the little issue of cost.
Wow....that is so strange. Back when I knew them, they made no real Aceria CNC machines..just generic Asian ones with Aciera nameplates. The CNC lathes were not labeled Aciera but just Perkasa. They were very basic machines...had Fanuc 0M controls and all Fanuc electronics, turret made by someone else...nothing much to them really.

But being only a couple years old and dirt cheap I bought two or three of the four they were using in Spartanburg. Sold them on the premise that even though Perkasa was far far away, nearly all the components were standard issue Fanuc and THK linear bearings and ballscrews...so future repairs were easy enough.

perkasa12.jpg

FWIW, the Perkasa CNC lathes were much simplier than the "Aciera Hemat" one shown on this page. Seriously doubt Perkasa actually made that one. But they did make everything else on this page. As I said, the TB22 was an especially curious choice to copy....all that complexity, and for what purpose, in the end ? I believe I have a sheet on their Aciera F1 version somewhere in my files but can't find it right now.

Heres a Bill of Lading saying that Brideport Perkasa exported to Hardinge Inc. in America. No secret that Hardinge sources some machine tools from the Far East but for some reason I was under the impression it was Taiwan.
http://www.importgenius.com/suppliers/bridgeport-perkasa-machine-tools

---

In the CNC website I linked in previous post, it shows some chaps standing around the guts of a small HBM. I think it is also an Aciera because I have seen such a small Aciera HBM for sale in Europe , just like the one advertised below. Kovo.net is a Czeck site.
KOVO.net

---
I sort of remember Perkasa having some Aciera cnc machines of the Swiss style/shape and painted maroon or pink or purple.

Just saw this thread with your Perkasa Aciera drill press .
http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...e-mills/perkasa-aciera-still-business-151237/

Ok after some more googling, finally found a website for Perkasa Industrial Group. They have an Aciera category but it is defunct.
http://www.phesubang.com/perkasa_group/industrial_gears/security.html

guess what I found
http://eam.go-dove.com/catalogs/drapertexmaco.pdf

LOL... that is amazing...hard to believe the auction flyer is still online a decade later. Yep, that's one of the ugly little Perkasa CNC lathes I bought on the cover. Just to give some sense of things, there was a perfectly nice Hardinge HLV-H.... the production model without the threading box however....but just fine otherwise...that sold for $550 (incl buyer rip) If Mebfab is reading this, he can tell you more as he was there as well. I think someone bought all the B&S auto screw machines for $100 each...plus tons and tons of tooling and bar feeds for almost nothing.

When was Aciera sold to Perkasa ???

Peter from Holland

On edit: on Aciera Mills 1995 is mentioned So this F5 is eighter the last Swiss one or first Indonesian one

I don't know, but would guess about 1995 or so. Far as I can tell Perkasa never made an F5, so most likely the one you had is one of he last true Swiss Aceria's made. Probably worth a small fortune now.

Back