What's new
What's new

What is this machine?

Martin P

Titanium
Drehmaschine in Rheinland-Pfalz - Fischbach | eBay Kleinanzeigen (ebay-kleinanzeigen.de)

It is billed as a universal turning machine, but I can´t make heads of tails of it.
I am just curious, after all it is swiss!
While probably coincidental, a small area the machine is close to is known for gem stone processing and related industries, so I have seen really odd machines come up in that area.

On edit: maybe something in the direction of copy grinding? What is the scope for? Note serial number "6".

It looks like a diamond faceting machine for jewellery like the "tousdiamants" but bigger with automatic movements.

Charles

It looks like a diamond/cbn wheel dressing machine.Multiple axes with micrometric dials, mignification lens and a fairly rigid construction paired with an automatic/production focused approach, lead me to that conclusion.

I think it's something along the line of a tool & cutter grinder. It's way too big to be a faceting machine. My Dad did that as a hobby and those machines were very small, I never saw one that you couldn't pick up and carry. There is nothing to resemble a spindle to call it a lathe. By the travel of the table there are two work stations. The Swiss use fancy form tool in there Swiss automatic screw machines. And I think that's what it is a machine to grind lathe form tools.

The scope would be to look at the wheel / work interface.

Hi,

Given the location, Fischbach Germany, which is near Idar Oberstein, a major jewelry production area, at least used to be, I would guess it is related some how to jewelry production.

This caught my eye due to spending three years courtesy the US Army at Baumholder a few kilometers from Fishbach/Idar Oberstein.

Bob

Back