What's new
What's new

What's the skinny nowadays on replacement Dialog 4 batteries?

rklopp

Diamond
I think at least the six-pack battery in the bottom of the console is getting tired. The control crashed a couple times lately without losing stored programs, but then it crashed hard enough last night that I had to to the BA 16 reset. I last replaced the batteries in 2009, and the six-pack is showing signs of leakage. I found reference to a Rayovac cordless phone battery substitute in an old Ross post, but that Rayovac number is no longer available as far as I can tell.

Has anyone bought Dialog batteries lately? If so, where?

Thanks!

I bought the circuit board batteries online in France and Germany using the original numbers, all original SAFT (not that that may be relevant)
But this is expensive. Online sites do recognize the old Saft numbers.

In the NSV of the Dialog 11 there is a battery pack of normal NiCads in a normal battery box.
So that is a solution for the big packs.
But it is noteworthy that most of these packs were modified by service techs later by soldering in the Nicads.
So then it is like the standard Dialog 1-4 solution in the console.

In the cabinet I used 2 of these - McMaster-Carr , connecting them with wires and molex connectors so I can plug new ones on without soldering when the time comes again.

In the console someone had built a box to take AA nicads. One leaked and corroded the holder, so I repaired it with a holder from McMaster and installed new nicads McMaster-Carr
I see they no longer carry the holder I bought but they have others that will work.

Thanks guys. I found a French supplier for the originals, but they have a minimum order quantity that is a lot more than one each. Is there any issue with substituting, say, a 400 mAh battery for the 250 mAh MemoGuard, as long as its NiMH and same voltage? At what point do I risk overloading the charge circuitry?

If you fit fresh full charged batteries don't think it matters (within reason)...Think you only charge the amount of useage .
Now if you installed dead 400 mAh batteries, think you might cause some trouble....

My sense is that the power supply boards are not heavily over engineered....

Cheers Ross

Back