What's new
What's new

Where can I buy these Maho collets?

rickcact

Aluminum
A freind of mine bought a Maho MH600 A and it has these style collets. Can anyone tell me what style collet this is, or maybe a place he could get more of them?

Thanks,
Rick

Attachments

• 1C.jpg
    1C.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 1B.jpg
    1B.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 1A.jpg
    1A.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 65
I think those are 40 taper collets with the buttress thread for the drawbar.

Does your friend's Maho have a 40 taper spindle? Take measurements, I'm almost certain that it is what they are. They would go directly into a 40 taper spindle.

As I was telling someone else today in the "Wanted" thread in this section, you can find them on eBay occasionally, for $50 to $80 each.

A few months ago, I found a source online, in Europe I think, for brand new collets of that sort. I'll try to find it again. Not cheap, as I recall, but not completely crazy prices either.

Jacques

You can find these on German Ebay, search for "Spannzange SK40 S20x2". The official type is 574E, but that's only used by a few vendors. Again, search on German Ebay for "574E Spannzange" to see these.

You can buy new ones inexpensively from RC-Machines for 35 Euros each. However the quality of things I have gotten from RC-Machines recently was poor, so that may not be a good deal.

Suchergebnis fur SK40 S20x2 Spannzange | RC Machines Luxembourg

The only ones I have seen from Europe, RC machines and some far east providers are metric. I have not seen any new manufacture imperial sizes. I got my imperial sized ones from ebay (had to wait a couple years - they show up occasionally). I only ever use the larger sizes. For holding smaller tooling, I use the U2 collets and an adapter sleeve (what I mean is don't bother holding out for the full set).

Back