What's new
What's new

Whimper...sniff....

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
So long little one, it was nice the time we had together...

dek50.jpg

One of our members here will be viewing that photo with particular interest.

Well, unloading this puppy cheered me up a little.. pristine 1997 CNC Five spindle screw machine !

davenport1.jpg

Thanks Don, I promise to give it a good home & keep it warm and snug.

Atlas called today to let me know that their truck will be here on Tues May 30. That will be yet another sight for the neighbors to gawk & shake their heads at!

--Larry

Tuesday ? Oh yeah, holiday on Monday...good thing I slathered it down with LPS3.

Atlas made out well on this load, as I had them bring a truckload of my latest auction goodies from Florida and then on the same trailer, I loaded not just your machine, but a small CNC lathe I just sold a few days ago on eBay, which is also going to MN just 60 miles from you ! One of us should have got a discount for that, but not sure who !

But we are all lucky it was "Lester" at the helm, as he does the best job of tarping of anyone...puts down multiple layers of blankets and carpet over the machines before the final tarp...he hates tarp tears !

dek51.jpg

John from Atlas didn't mention anything about a discount when he called today. Since I booked the load 3 weeks ago maybe they give the discount to the later loads that get added? It won't hurt for me to ask though.

--Larry

I was just kidding about the discount...no way they will give a discount after the fact. Just their good fortune the planets aligned so well on this one.

I actually could have got my truckload from Florida delivered for about $150 less using another carrier...but I chose Atlas in this case because they just happened to have one of their trucks in the Jacksonville area and I knew Lester would be best for your new baby. It was just triple luck that I happened to sell yet another machine going to MN a few days ago.

Heck, things must be "hot" in MN these days...Hoff Hilk will be in a fleet of Duesenburgs, if they aren't already

So tidy! These kinds of posts make me salivate. Ooh, Deckel. Ooh, Caterpillar forklift.

I think see what you did there. That spindle is extended with the cap off for tarping?

That spindle is extended with the cap off for tarping?
Exactly. Plastic cap is in bubble wrap in the electrical cabinet...along with the X axis cap.

FWIW, if you're gonna salivate over a forklift, you should be salivating over the Linde, not the CAT! The CAT has twice as much capacity, but is a pretty crude contraption compared to the ultimate forklift Linde

I'm missing something here... I assume the picture with the tray also goes to Larry's new machine, right? If so, then what is the second electrical cabinet for? There is one next to the machine too.

Also, what makes the Linde so good? Neat looking lift, though. Kind of futuristic. Sure makes my ancient Allis-Chalmers look like a chump. But for the number of times I use a lift a year, the AC works fine. In fact, if things work out with my garage, I may well get rid of it in the next few years. We'll see... Paid for, space allocated, etc, etc... Sometimes convenience is kinda nice. But once I get my FP3NC in, I won't be doing much more moving around of machines I don't think. And if I go ahead with my basement shop plans, I'll have a 3T crane in the garage. Unfortunately, it won't have much headroom though. I might not be able to get the hook much higer than 6' off the floor, so that makes moving things off of a trailer kind of difficult.

--Alan

Martin, that was a good one.

Too bad the forum's humor switch was /off.
I wonder who just had to have the FP1. But we'll know that only if the lucky buyer reports in here.

Cheers
Erik

Alan, the extra electrical cabinet is a 240/380 transformer as the machine is 380/50Hz.

Erik, I'm the proud new owner of this little FP1. I've been reading about them and looking for a nice one for about a year and a half now. Seeing that Don was willing to sell his pristine example finally put me over the edge.

A little background. Last summer I was watching the eBay auction for this machine when Don struck a deal with the seller and the auction was ended early. Since I was planning on trying to snipe the auction I was a bit miffed, but chalked it up to Don being able to arrange a deal like this because he had the experience, time, and means to get the machine. The lesson to me is to wait patiently and prepared to act when the opportunity presents itself. Then this year, seeing that Don was willing to part with his FP1, we exchanged some e-mails and agreed upon a very nice package including the machine, transformer and a little tooling.

Frankly I don’t think I would be buying this machine if it were not for Don. True, the machine is not being given away, but Don has established his reputation for being true to his word and continues to demonstrate his proclivity for machines that are in excellent condition. He also takes care to pack and ship things properly, thus minimizing another risk that we all face when buying machines from a distance. Thanks Don.

--Larry

Also, what makes the Linde so good?
Some reasons below, but you really have to drive and use one to appreciate the virtues. It also helps to have driven every other make previously. The beauty of the machine is not any individual feature but all taken together...makes loading/unloading downright fun and safer. Even a new Toyota seems like a Model T after using one of these.

Having said that, a Model T forklift is absolutely fine for occassional use..in fact I have a very crude forklift at my house..which is fine as I only use it maybe 3 times a year. But in my situation "at work", the goal is to make stressful situations (i.e. loading/unloading expensive sensitive things that don't like to be dropped), less so. With the Linde what was previously druggery, is now downright fun !

1. Hydrostatic transmission. Simply let off the gas to stop. You don't even have to put it in neutral or use emergency brake when you stop and get off to check something. Automatically brakes going down a hill.

Max out tilt, side shift or whatever and it automatically bypasses...doesn't strain or shut off engine.

3. Engine RPM automatically increases with load on forks

4. Overhead tilt cylinders, which allow thinner mast sections and better visibility

5. Fingertip lift controls...very sensitive for precise moves.

6. Smooth as silk with VW engines and rubber mount axle system.

7. LCD display of engine and maintenance functions.

8. Excellent engine access.

Also in the ease of use department, this one is equipped with side shift and fork positioning...but that is not unique to Linde.

www.linde-39x.de

Martin, that was a good one.

Too bad the forum's humor switch was /off.
I smirked a little, but didn't quite get into guffaw mode seeing as the Linde is not a "little one" ;)

Hi Larry.

Yes, I can now see it had to be you. But I got confused by the other machine(s).
Congratulations on finally getting the FP1 you wanted for so long. :D
The tool hunt is now on,hehe.

Cheers
Erik

Yes, but sadly it's not color LCD ;)

Speaking of monochrome LCD's...after begging for proper photos and even offering to go ahead and purchase one.. without response, I guess we can now conclude DD's LCD Dialog 1-4 replacement monitor has hit some temporary setbacks ? :confused:

Ahhh, darn.... You beat me to it, Don. I was going to ask if there was a color LCD. Ironically, after all of the discussions about you and color this, that and the other, you are probably goig to tell us you are color blind! :D

Back