Will late-model Aciera F5 slotting head fit early-model machine?
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Will late-model Aciera F5 slotting head fit early-model machine?

Does anyone know whether a late model Aciera F5 slotting head will fit an early-model F5 mill? The last-generation F5 design included an alignment pin and slot in the lower right corner of the ram face. The earlier generations used a tapered dowel in the lower left corner of the ram face. I am wondering whether the bolt hole spacing is the same, and the dog clutch dimensions are the same. The Aciera design relies on a retractable pilot bushing around the dog clutch to center the accessory heads on the face of the ram. The alignment dowel and pin and slot are not necessary, as the heads can be trammed manually. Unlike in the photo, the overarm is retracted fully out of the way when mounting accessory heads.

img_1433.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bump. Anyone know?

Country
    SWEDEN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi,
    I finally had some time to spend here at the forum and found your thread. Did you already get the measurements you needed?

This is what mine looks like.
    Let me know if you need any measurements?
    aciera-f5-enziordm-20170622-horizontal-spindle.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am about to find out whether a late-model slotting attachment fits an early-model F5, because an attachment is in a crate coming to me from Switzerland via New York! Based on your photo (and others), I am fairly certain it will fit. The crate also contains a late model fixed table with 7 T-slots.

The crate is supposed to show up this Friday, but I won't have a chance to check out what I got for another week. I will write more and provide photos about these acquisitions when I get a chance.

5. Likes ballen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The answer is yes, the late-model slotting head fits the early-model F5. I got my pallet with table and slotting head from Switzerland today. Both look like they have never been used! Even with the cost of shipping, I really scored. I have photos that I will post when I am on a computer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rklopp View Post
    The answer is yes, the late-model slotting head fits the early-model F5. I got my pallet with table and slotting head from Switzerland today. Both look like they have never been used! Even with the cost of shipping, I really scored. I have photos that I will post when I am on a computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk