What's new
What's new

Wohlhaupter UPA3 & UPA4 Removable Shank?

bsg

Titanium
Does anyone know if the shanks are interchangeable between the UPA3 and UPA4?

If not I will have to source one for the UPA4, unless someone has one available, looking for a straight shank or 40 taper?

Kevin

Okay, I figured as much, I knew I couldn’t be that lucky!

I guess I’m on the hunt for one, anyone have one please let me know?

Kevin

I have had a Wolly SK40 S20x2 shank lying about for some years, but it didn't have the correct type number for my UPA3.

It is 130 003 - and it should have been 130 001. I have searched, but couldn't find any info.

Thanks to you I just remembered I had it. I asked Google the correct question and discovered it's for a P50 Wollyhopper.

Thank you.

Cheers
Erik

I have had a Wolly SK40 S20x2 shank lying about for some years, but it didn't have the correct type number for my UPA3.

It is 130 003 - and it should have been 130 001. I have searched, but couldn't find any info.

Thanks to you I just remembered I had it. I asked Google the correct question and discovered it's for a P50 Wollyhopper.

Thank you.

Cheers
Erik

Hello Erik,

I have a P50 Wally as well, the shank is interchangeable with my UPA3?

Also an update, received my UPA4, can confirm the shanks are not interchangeable!

I need to source one for the UPA4, if anyone has one available, please let me know?

Kevin

Kevin, I have no idea - I haven't tried it with my UPA3, but as far as I can see in the catalogues, shanks are not interchangeable.
As I have the correct S20x2 shank on my UPA3, I have felt no need to try this.

Cheers
Erik

Shanks are interchangeable between the UPA 3 and P50, no problem.

That said, I think the wohlhaupter interface is a little on the light side for the big P50.

You may want to machine an intermediate collar to attach the the fixed part of the big Wally directly to the machine, to take full advantage of its capacity. There are threaded holes for that.

Otherwise, you may find its rigidity... questionnable (wrt its size, that is).

Back