What's new
What's new

Worthy secondary use for FP NC electrical cabinet

Martin P

Titanium
FP5NC Chicken Coop! Or more accurately nesting box/sleeping box.

They took to it immediately.

I hate scrapping these empty boxes. I recently had the huge closet size cabinet from a late FP4NC D11 ("hobo hut") and I couldn't even give it away, so it went to the scrapper.
This is a much better use. And it has 4 large doors (2 in the front and in the back).
WIN_20210616_10_10_13_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WIN_20210616_10_10_47_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210616_10_10_47_Pro.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 230
One of my current projects is turning these electrical cabinets into tool storage cabinets, still need to get shelves in and the ends capped.

Attachments

• tool cabinets.jpg
    tool cabinets.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Wow, great toy!
But that looks like it had some value before surrended to the kids.

Meh. Some stuff is valuable if you can find the right person, but some stuff that yer never gonna use anyways, and is otherwise just taking up space...

That looks like a great addition for the kids to be imagining all manner of stuff with.

Meh. Some stuff is valuable if you can find the right person, but some stuff that yer never gonna use anyways, and is otherwise just taking up space...

That looks like a great addition for the kids to be imagining all manner of stuff with.

I spent months trying to sell the servo drives, cards, and control panel from a Mazak QT10 w/ T1 control, trust me, the kids think it’s more valuable than anyone on PM or EBay… I kept the (gutted) panel for the kids, cut the spindle into a gauge for making A2-6 back plates and salvaged the back plate to the power chuck.

FP5NC Chicken Coop! Or more accurately nesting box/sleeping box.

They took to it immediately.

I hate scrapping these empty boxes. I recently had the huge closet size cabinet from a late FP4NC D11 ("hobo hut") and I couldn't even give it away, so it went to the scrapper.
This is a much better use. And it has 4 large doors (2 in the front and in the back).
View attachment 323051

Martin, That made me laugh, it reminded me of seeing a camping trailer in the middle of a farm with the doors wide open in the middle of a Michigan winter......I was confused until I drove by months later to see the camper in the same place with the doors wide open again, this time I saw all the chickens running around, it all made sense then!

Kevin

Last edited:

Back