What's new
What's new

Wow...someone actually retrofitted a Deckel NC.. but with strange control... (video)

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Deckel FP4NC Retrofit - YouTube

Control is Advantech LNC M516i.... wonder if they have enough US presence for at least phone support ?

Retrofitted from a Dialog 11 control however....which means it could have either Siemens or Bosch drives...would be interesting to know which it had and if it still uses them or they changed them to something the LNC requires. Also it mentions "Phillips" Dialog 11.... which is wrong....D11 was still a Grundig product, like the D2,3,4 that went before it.

In fact the remnants of Grundig NC still exist somewhere in Germany as that is where FPS get's their EPROMS for D11 controls.

There used to be a company called Broussard or something like that who was a US distributor of LNC controls. I can't remember if they come from Taiwan or China.

Edit:

Broussard Enterprises Inc.

I'm sure this is the company. They used to advertise on another machining website. Their site shows nothing about the LNC control now. Might be worth a phone call to them if you are interested.

There used to be a company called Broussard or something like that who was a US distributor of LNC controls. I can't remember if they come from Taiwan or China.

Edit:

Broussard Enterprises Inc.

I'm sure this is the company. They used to advertise on another machining website. Their site shows nothing about the LNC control now. Might be worth a phone call to them if you are interested.
I personally have zero interest in retrofitting an NC Deckel (got the Makino KE55 after all) but was intrigued someone besides DD actually did it... and thought some of you guys might be interested in it.

I know this guy (J. Thelen) personally, and have done some business with him over the years (bought a few machines, servo drives etc. from him) I can't say anything but good things about this guy. He does machine retrofits and builds industrial logic systems for living, and is very good in what he does.
He also has a hobby blog about historic industrial computers, which he collects to set up a museum for those later on. A truly devoted guy for these things ;)

Ennen mikrotietokoneita

I actually bought one of those LNC controls from him to retrofit a big WMW Heckert nc milling machine. (though, i didn't finish it, as i ended up buying a machining center and sold the project to make room for the VMC.) I played around with the LNC control a bit (without connected to the machine) and it seemed like almost a copy of Fanuc 0M, so the learning curve wouldn't be too steep for a Fanuc user.

Maybe you could E-mail him and ask for more information about LNC controls and the servo drive system he used for the retrofit? :scratchchin:

Back