What's new
What's new

Wow...yet another Deckel like mill I was unaware of.... from Spinner in Germany...

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
CM300_ohne_Schutz_original_frei.jpgCM - Series - SPINNER Werkzeugmaschinen

Having owned a Spinner turning center I was well aware of the company but until today I had no idea they offered Deckel style mills. Amazing there must be enough demand for new Thiel style mills in 2019 in Europe to justify production. Especially bizarre that the smallest one looks more like a first or second generation FP1 rather than the later Activ machines.

Spinner has several very interesting machines but they have no dealer in the US, I dont think they try to compete here. There was a company in SC but they went belly up years ago.

Charles

Spinner has several very interesting machines but they have no dealer in the US, I dont think they try to compete here. There was a company in SC but they went belly up years ago.
US distribution was in North Charleston, SC....that's where I got the turning center...at bankruptcy auction.

That's a Prvomajska ALG100 B. B is for round rpm/feed selectors and a bit larger travels than the previous model. (quite more than an FP1 as well).
There is the Prvomajska logo in front of the Z screw.

(an ALG100 was my first mill, really nice machine)

BR,
Thanos

There is also a machine supplier in Germany that offers a range of modified Deckel and Maho clones.Furthermore these clones were named after their ancestors...Let the thorough investigatioν begin :gossip:

YouTube

There is also a machine supplier in Germany that offers a range of modified Deckel and Maho clones.Furthermore these clones were named after their ancestors...Let the thorough investigatioν begin :gossip:

YouTube

Interesting...

(isn't it strange that they didn't opt for a better face mill, better steel or just better speed/feed combination in order to get a shiny finish on that cut for the demo video?? )

Moving briefly OT the Saeilo folk showing off their Deckel clone in the YouTube video in the link from zephyrous also have a rather neat variant on the age old "keep a drill vice under control" theme. Made a bit crude but clearly effective.

YouTube

Basically put the vice on a base with a rectangular cut out underneath and slide it along a matching bar pivoted from one side of the machine table. Simples and looks effective but I'd make the pivot point adjustable too.

Agree with thang that I'd want a bit more generalc are and polish from folk before buying a machine.

Clive

Back