What's new
What's new

4NEII-600 X Axis travel issue

Asthmatic603

Plastic
Hey guys,
So I'm hoping someone might have an answer on here, I got a Mori Seiki 4NEII-600 with a General Numeric GN3TF (ancient I know) everything is in great shape on it and there is minimal backlash, overall still a nice machine. Full disclosure I'm not much of a CNC lathe guy so I'm having a few issues here and there. The machine was originally set up for metric I changed it to inch and then went through all of the parameters and adjusted everything accordingly so when the control says move .050" the axis moves accordingly. It was all over the place when I got it but I never checked it before I changed it from MM so I'm not sure if it was fine or if this issue is carrying over. I got the Z axis perfect, I set my dial indicator to zero, set the control to zero, move .050" make sure the dial is also at .050" and then move back to zero on the controller and verify it on the dial. The X axis however when moved .050" on the dial indicator it reads .063" on the controller, now if it read .100" I'd assume I would change from diameter to radius or vise versa. I've measured movement for one rotation of the lead screw and adjusted everything according to the book and at this point probably every other adjustment as well but I cant seem to get it. The problem isn't exponential either for .100" movement on the dial its .126" on the control. I'm probably overlooking something stupid and just haven't seen it yet. The fact the machine will return to the zero on the controller and also return to zero on the dial makes me believe its just a software setting I'm missing. Any information would be helpful thanks!

Back