What's new
What's new

Changing parameters on a new Mori Nlx Celos

Gobo

Titanium
What is the procedure for changing parameter settings on this control. It is a one year old DMG Mori Nlx with a Mits controller. I cannot find it in the docs or searching this site.

What are you looking to change?

The MITS controller interface is located in the setup menu. IIRC you must enter the secret password "PARAMETERS".

What are you looking to change?

The MITS controller interface is located in the setup menu. IIRC you must enter the secret password "PARAMETERS".

Appreciate that. We finally figured it out. FYI I was changing gantry parameters. Mori is kind of funny when you start asking about changing parameters. Prolly just covering their butts.

Yes, I considered putting the whole process up here, but they make it hard(ish) to get to for a reason. Then again, they DO give you a parameters manual with the machine...

how do I change the parameter for the turret so that new operators can not come down and smack the sub spindle? is there a safe boundary for this that I can change?

I don't know which parameter that would be but the distance would vary depending on which tooling/toolholder you have on the sub side of the turret and the length/diameter of the soft jaws or chuck. I'd say there are too many ways to run into the sub to make it completely foolproof while still keeping the lathe working. Teach them to prove out everything slowly after every edit.

Back