What's new
What's new

Deckel Maho DMU 200P

John Smith

Plastic
We have got a deckel maho dmu 200P with TNC 430, 80P with TNC 430 & 60P with iTNC 530 5 axis machines & I have some queries related to their setup especially for pivot distance. Hope that I’ll get my answers with this thread.
1- First of all I’d appreciate if you could tell me what pivot distance is & their measuring technique for these machines.
2- I have entered different pivot distances in the post processor while defining my machine there & each time I get a different output. And on the machine I’ve seen that the tool was cutting in the air.
3- What is the function of M128. A guy told me that the machine doesn’t need a pivot distance in post processor & the controller does all the things itself. You only need to define a zero just like you define in a 3 axis job & you’re done. Does it mean that I’ll enter a zero in the post & with M128 in the output I’ll be machining accurate parts?
4- I’ve experience with 3 axis machines. What else I need to do for the setup of these 5 axis machines as compared to 3 axis machines.
5- Has somebody got the post for any of these machines for Pro/nc. I'd be grateful if he or she is willing to share that with me.

Looking forward to your replies,

John Smith.
[email protected]

Back