What's new
What's new

DMG DMU 50, loading a tool into the spindle by hand

dvice

Hot Rolled
Ive got to requalify all the aspects of the machine, and i want to start with calibrating the laser. I have the "tool standard" to use and i see in the program saved in the machine it has a tool call for TOOL 0. I have all 16 tool slots in the carousel full... so it seems I need to call tool 0, which would basically just unload any tool and leave the spindle open. I thought i would go into the manual machine mode on KeyIII and rotate what certainly looks like the "load tool switch" but its not working.. Ive held the button on ther SIDE of the control and turned the switch... nothing happens. Ive tried it in normal mode (smart keyI).... the manual totaly suck in my view..the index is useless... it might be faster asking here. The machine has the KLUM laser, i have the standard that goes with it. I have a reinshaw probe, after I check the laser, I ll qualify the probe then I do the 3D quickset for B and C axis. fopr a few years Ive been doing the 3d quickset check, but now I want to qualify the Laser as well.... so its new to me

What age is yours? On our DMU-50, to hand-load a tool in the spindle we have to enter the tool-changer secret menu before the draw-bar can be activated / released using the console knob that has the "tool change" sticker over it. Otherwise that switch doesn't do anything, and the soft-key on the screen that shows the same image also doesn't do anything. I would love to know if there is a better way to do this too...

Also your controller's model will be helpful; if you've mentioned it on some of your older posts I apologize (didn't have time to look); ours is the old Millplus (v.500) but if you run the newer TNC or Siemens control it could be completely different from ours.

By the way, is your "3D quickset" a program that you load into the machine? Or was it a built-in function in the console? Thanks!

W.

i actually found the proceedure in one of the books I have. I wasnt pushing the PRE-SELECT button prior to turning the "release tool" button. now I think im stuck on the fact i probably have to UNLOAD a tool and LOAD my named LASER KLUM tool.... wish me luck

i actually found the proceedure in one of the books I have. I wasnt pushing the PRE-SELECT button prior to turning the "release tool" button. now I think im stuck on the fact i probably have to UNLOAD a tool and LOAD my named LASER KLUM tool.... wish me luck

Glad you figured it out!! Best of luck!

W.

Back