DMG Gildmeister CTX 310 V6 cnc lathe with live tools and Y axis any good?
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question DMG Gildmeister CTX 310 V6 cnc lathe with live tools and Y axis any good?

Looking at purchasing this machine. Like the title goes. Is the DMG Gildmeister CTX 310 V6 cnc lathe with live tools and Y axis any good? It has a heidenheim controller and about 30,000hrs on time and 11000hrs cutting time
    I work mainly in C12L14, Brass and Alu.
    I already have a two axis Colchester Storm, but getting to the point I need to add to the fleet.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks in advance guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, thank you all for your precious input guys! I went and bought the machine. I hope I made a good move. Should have it my shop by Christmas. I am only getting hooked up to 600V in February anyhow.
    Thoughts on Heidenheim ? I have Fanuc and Dynapath controllers now. Aw man gotta learn a new one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just saw this thread and wondering if you ended up getting this machine. What year is it? What control version?

I used to have a CTX 310 V3 .......2013 eco model with Siemens 840D control and it performed well for the short time I worked on it.

If you require DMG service and they are not close by it can be very expensive though.