What's new
What's new

DMG Mori 1035V ecoline questions

kjlindgr

Plastic
Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and new to "professional" CNC machining. I have a new-to-me DMG Mori 1035V ecoline that I recently purchased and trying to learn. I've had my hands on it for a few days now and have some questions. Wondering if anyone out there can assist with some noobie Q&A -

* Controls are Mitsubishi M730BM - manuals are in PDF format on the controls. Any way to get them off so I can print them? It's pretty tough to walk through procedures without a separate view/copy of them in hand.

* Anyone have tips on how to load tools through the spindle? I can assign tools to the magazine through the controls but can't for the life of me get the tool clamp to release so I can load one into the spindle. The procedure in the manual is like 17 steps. On a Haas, it's like 2. Can't be this hard to figure out.

That's all I have for now. I'm sure I will have 500 more later on.

Thanks

manual mode-> bottom soft button >> -> 2nd soft button from top( manual tool change) grab the tool by hand and turn tool clamp/unclamp switch with other hand

all this works only if the door is open

Works beautifully! Thank you!

Next question -
Mill has Renishaw inspection probe and tool setter. I'm assuming they are set up and configured. I see some Renishaw programs on the machine already. Can anyone help give me some guidance on how to test so I know that they work and can add them as subroutines in programs?

I played around with one that would touchoff the tool. Generally worked fine but would alarm at the end and never set the radius of the tool, only the length. :(

Back