What's new
What's new

DMG NEF 400 Turret not locked

Blue Steel

Stainless
Hi All
I have a NEF400 which is throwing up an alarm. It says, "Turret not locked in position". I had this the other day and gave it a good blow off and that fixed it. No luck today though. I'm guessing I will have to pull the turret down and see what I can find. Does anyone have any ideas on this one?
Cheers
Steve

Not sure but would guess maybe curvic coupler behind turret isn't lining up if was ever crashed tapered pins could be sheered off or bent enough that the coupler isn't lining up when it tries to clamp .I'm new so might want another opinion first

Cheers Evro
I did pull it apart seeing it would occasionally be OK for just the one change. Anyway I decided to pull it off and have a look. What I found was that everything is inside the turret carrier and the rotating turret is just there to hold tools. On contacting the service agent he thinks the sensor inside the housing has given up. I was hoping I could pull the turret off and give it a clean out and then it would all be OK but not this time. As far as locking goes on this lathe they use a Hirth Coupling, so no pin is used.
Steve

Back