DMG users with Siemens control and laser toolsetter/tool breakage option how to use?
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default DMG users with Siemens control and laser toolsetter/tool breakage option how to use?

I recently purchased a 2000 DMG DMU103V with Siemens 840D control. It has the laser tool measurement system installed with the options of tool breakage detection and tool measurement installed (according to the original receipts I found in the paperwork).

There is not any info in my siemens or DMG manuals on how to use this system which seems weird as I have two other machines (one a DMU50V) where tool setters are an option and their use is described in detail in the operator manual. I looked through the 840D manuals and see no reference at all to tool measurement cycles, either laser or contact type.

I did call DMG support but for some reason they refused to provide any information on how to use this system and didnt seem to even know what it was even though it was a DMG part at the time and a DMG service tech install and calibrated it....

I searched online for any photos of the same system and couldnt locate any or any mention of any system like this installed on a DMG machine. I see there is a program in "user cycles" directory but cant tell if its related.

Anyone have this system and know how to use it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails setter.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would export all the user and manufacturing cycles and use google translate and see if you can find anything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He 840D most certainly does have probing function calls and high speed inputs on the NCU to take advantage of edge trigger inputs. Is this a Powerline series unit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by motion guru View Post
    He 840D most certainly does have probing function calls and high speed inputs on the NCU to take advantage of edge trigger inputs. Is this a Powerline series unit?
    No its an 840D with MMC103. Circa 2000.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=ktmktmman;3434733]I would export all the user and manufacturing cycles and use google translate and see if you can find anything.

There is a user cycle called: CYCLEGRA(STRING[80]. Is the 80 the cycle #? Lots of references to G90 and 91.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The MMC103 is the HMI, Powerline refers to the 611D series of drives . . . you should be looking for “Measurement” functions. Some info starting on 673 of this manual - https://www.hillaryinc.com/index_htm...rogramming.pdf