What's new
What's new

DMU-50eVo "E03 Swimming Switch Lubrication Low"

WallaceLau

Plastic
Hello all! New day new problem!

2000 DMU-50 started throwing this error today; axis won't move and cannot run any code (free-entry or programs). But manual axis jogging does work. Has anyone seen this on your machine before? Searched the forum for "E03" with no hit... and the machine manual is of no help of course (it just repeats the error without telling me where or what to refill). The 3 automatic oiler on the top-back of the machine seems to be fine; none of them looks low or anywhere near the "empty" line; most are about half-full. If anyone can point me to the right direction what "swimming switch" the error is referring, I would greatly appreciate it!

Wallace

You need to fill the central lubricatoin unit with oil.

Thank you for the reply!!

Sorry for my ignorance, which/where is the central lubrication unit? I found 3 automatic-oilers at the back of the mill (above the wiring cabinet, left side of the cooler where all the air solenoids are located), and the 4/5th axis fill port/"tube" (below the side window that takes ISO 46 hydrulic oil). All seems to be in good level.

By "central" do you mean the middle oiler above the wiring cabinet? That one looks to be filled with some type of grease (only the left oiler is actually filled with oil). I can double-check it tomorrow? Or is there another lubrication unit that I did not know about??

Thanks!!!!!!

Wallace

Sorry, I forgot the Evo models use grease for lubrications. So yes that is the one. (The one with the solenoids is the hydraulic unit needed for the toolchange) I use Klüber Microlube GB00.If the pump has already taken air then this error might pop up for quit a while until the air is pumped out of the system.
Do you have a manual?

Sorry, I forgot the Evo models use grease for lubrications. So yes that is the one. (The one with the solenoids is the hydraulic unit needed for the toolchange) I use Klüber Microlube GB00.If the pump has already taken air then this error might pop up for quit a while until the air is pumped out of the system.
Do you have a manual?

Looks like that's it! The center (middle) oiler, which is packed with grease, might be the issue. After your post I took a flashlight to look inside, it seems the grease are not liquid enough, therefore a cone-shape cavity formed around the "pump" (?) that extracts the grease. Because of that, from the outside the oiler looks nearly full... except the middle of it is empty! That probably tripped the low-level sensor.

I made a small stick and stired inside (so the grease evens out and settles back into the cavity), and then I heard a "click". After that the error message no longer come up!

I am going to run some parts and see if it stays that way. Thank you for your help!!

Ps. we have a machine manual but it's the size of a phone book, and there is no explanation on "where to look" when an error occurs... On the "error code" section, all it does is repeat what is shown on the screen. I didn't find any "troubleshooting" section that says "if error X appears, check these".

Wallace

did you fix your issue? it sounds like there may be an issue with the float inside of the lube tank

Back