What's new
What's new

External M-Code Relay Wiring - NH5000DCG

prl motorsports

Plastic
Has anyone successfully done this? I'm trying to do this on one of our machines due to wanting to turn the Mist Collector on with an M Code instead of only coming on with the Chip Blaster. I just need to be able to add a relay in the control and then from there, getting the mist collector to work is simple.

I've found on the power board where the Connection for M21-M25 connections need to be made, and i've been able to activate a relay, but those codes need an MFIN signal to move past them in the program, and when i've connected an MFIN signal from the relay, The M21 Code only activates the relay for a split second.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks!
Jason

You need to wire a latching relay circuit and use another M-code to unlatch. Like the coolant pump.

You need to wire a latching relay circuit and use another M-code to unlatch. Like the coolant pump.

You know I was just thinking about using a latching relay on my drive home from work. The latching relay can’t be used to send the mfin signal though correct?

There is already a relay installed on m21 in the machine for a probe that someone installed at some point. They use that relay to send the mfin signal to the external m code mfin input. I believe x16.0. It turns the relay on, which closes the contacts and sends the mfin signal which then turns the relay back off. If I try to do that with a latching relay, then the mfin would always be activated. Would I want to use a standard relay to activate the latching relay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back