What's new
What's new

Failure 840D Sinumerik "All lights flashing"

Owl Engineering

Plastic
Hello,

Help please!

The controller (840D Siemens).on my Deckel Maho has failed. I turn on the main power and immediatly, all of the lights are flashing (one yellow light at each button). The control tries to load but there is a message "Foreign applications won't perform DDE method or operation" at the end of the load it says: "communication to NC error".

Ideas???

Thanks,
Chuck

Help Please ! ! ! !

Hello,

Help please!

The controller (840D Siemens).on my Deckel Maho has failed. I turn on the main power and immediatly, all of the lights are flashing (one yellow light at each button). The control tries to load but there is a message "Foreign applications won't perform DDE method or operation" at the end of the load it says: "communication to NC error".

Ideas???

Thanks,
Chuck

Any more ideas?

Yep it looks like you have to reset the nck. You gotta get that 7 segment display to read a 6. Then you know its working and can initialize with the plc correctly.

I just had this problem last week. It is critical to have nck and plc backups to restore to after you reset nck. Also make sure tool pocket one is parked in front of tool gripper or you will have to dial in the toolchanger which is a PITA.

The cause is the nck battery failure usually... The vram holding the data gets lost 30 mins after power is shut off on our machines.

Let me know how it goes!

http://www.automation.siemens.com/W...ow.aspx?PageIndex=1&PostID=306922&Language=en
Link for that issue I dealt with last week...

Last edited:

Back