Login to Your Account
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Country
    SWEDEN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by HBOB View Post
    Phillips Scales ---- There is ( or was ) a seller of a converter-reader thingy for those Phillips scales. Think it was someone in Poland.
    As I have read ,the Phillips scales are quite usable but if the read head goes bad then repair becomes a ugly adventure.

For converting to Linux CNC -- might download one of the Linux CNC " Live " ISOs and get over the initial shock of what it is.
    The Live ISO runs only from the DVD drive and uses computer memory only ,so no install to the hard drive unless that option is elected. Can use the Live DVD to check real time latency of prospective computer mother boards.

Think using the Philips 432 system is a very good way to at least get a basis of what any conversion must do to be equal or better.

I have spoken to "Toromatic Systems" in Poland. They can make the retrofit for me whit a 3 year-warranty included for 8800 euros, or deliver a "full kit DIY" for about 4000 Euros (probably no warranty). They also replace the glass scales to TTL scales.

If I go all by myself i think 1000 Euros will be enough budget for all components. (Mesa cards, LCD touch screen, TTL-scales and so on...).

Country
    SWEDEN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sledgefinder View Post
    Martin, you didn't have to do that to help me. Mine was stuck also, I rigged a coupler to extend the ballscrew and it pulled in easy.
    I think we are living the same life in diffrent countries.

Here is my solution. My axis seems to be more stuck than yours. Still havent been able to move it, will do some more work tomorrow. img_0367.jpg

This is the only thing I can find affecting the movement of the shaft. This is also very stuck...

maho-1133.jpg

3. Likes HBOB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Martin
    Before you gently lift the rear end of the ram level with it's ways in the column for sliding it back home, might think about powering up the lub pump to see if the oil ports in the column ways are working. The Vogel lub pump should be single phase - 220 volt.
    Wonder if the way wiper on the column is jammed up ?

Looks as if you are having fun-- stay safe
    Bob

Country
    NEW ZEALAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Anders, I have and have had since new a 1990 MH600E2 and have had little trouble except the tool changer. For the last 10 years I have had an increasing problem of the main motor being hesitant to start, then not starting at all. I fitted a new KDV unit and that seemed to fix it, but no, after 3 machining jobs I now get an error E93 (n < n min not low during spindle run-up) and no spindle response. On the KVA unit there is the error NO RF! I would appreciate any help no tech’s have been able to so far. Can you offer any help?

Regards Tony