What's new
What's new

Help finding zerks for ball screw thrust bearing, Mori-Seiki SL!

Bill in PA

Hot Rolled
I have the maintenance manual, but I cannot find the zerks for the ball screw thrust bearings. Can someone shed some light on the location of these fittings? Post a photo if you are able.

Attached is a photo of the Z axis servo. The manual indicates that the zerk should be at the upper left corner of the servo mount, but I don't see it.

Thanks,

Bill

IMG_7912.jpg

Looks like the bearings would have to be well to the far side of that timing belted pulley, so I'm thinking the zerk is also on the far side of that pulley.

Update. Two more ideas. The Zerk could be found through one of the holes in the same timing belted pulley. Just have to have the screw turned at the right angle to see it.

2) Not to say they don't exist, but personally I've never seen a ball screw support bearing that wasn't greased for life. Meaning no zerk available or needed. Perhaps at some point, the manufacturer eliminated the zerk and went with greased for life, and didn't get the manuals updated. That or your manual might be for a different year? Just thinking out load.

Last edited:
The manuals are the original ones to the machine. I have seen these grease points shown in a different edition of the manual as well.

There is no zerk behind the ball screw pulley.

Certainly there are still some SL1's running on this forum?

Thanks,

Bill

I have the zerk up there where the manual states. I cannot see even a hole in your picture where it should be. :nutter:

Attachments

• IMG_20190601_150959 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20190601_150959 - Copy.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20190601_013128 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20190601_013128 - Copy.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 89

Back