What's new
What's new

I love my DMG's

Looks great, wish I had one. I wish the machine tool builders would show big pictures like you've taken.

What do you like about the Heidenhain control over others you've used?

May I ask about how much for one? $150?

I always thought they made some pretty looking equipment, and yours is no exception.

Almost a shame to get it dirty, huh?:D:cheers:

They sure have a very different look and design to their machines than pretty much any other builder.
Thanks for taking all these pictures and showing so many aspects of the machine, I always wonder why manufacturers don't do that themselves to really help their sales. But I must say overall DMG's brochures where much better and more descriptive than any other one I got(I looked at the Eco)

Nice machine... Made in Germany not China (eco)! Just curious how did you order it? Through the Mori dealer as a special order? or direct from DMG? In the newest Journal edition it doesn't even list that machine. Seems like they push the Mori for all 3 axis applications and DMG for 5 axis.

What control does your other machine have? 530 too?

Whose sub-plate or fixture plate is that? (Did you make it? Buy it?)

I didn't think it was common to put a 530 on a 3-axis machine - but then again, why not?

Very nice machine!!! I'd love to try out that control for a couple days. I'm a big Okuma fan and have heard from the control guru's at Okuma that the Heidenhein control is one that can compete or beat the Okuma control. Maybe someday they will be more popular in the US.

Innovative Machinery

I wish all the control manufactures would allow you to try their controls online. Like a virtual machine with a control that works just like the real thing. Maybe it would be too expensive to make.

I wish all the control manufactures would allow you to try their controls online. Like a virtual machine with a control that works just like the real thing. Maybe it would be too expensive to make.

But then everyone would demand a Heidenhain... even though every control doesn't do what you asked for Heidenhain does. Simulator...free, Manuals...free, dnc software...free, software updates...free, training...used to be free!

What do you like about the Heidenhain control over others you've used?

Most bells and whistles are included; Ethernet ready, 25 GB hard disk, probe cycles, multiple line MDI, many fixed cycles, tncremo (free software) for drag and drop file transfer from you're computer are a few I can think of.

May I ask about how much for one? $150?

If you don't count the sub-plate and vises your pretty darn close

how did you order it? Through the Mori dealer as a special order? or direct from DMG?

Hard to say, I worked with both David Gelles from Ellison and Udo Herbes from DMG LA, I ordered it in August was delivered November.

What control does your other machine have? 530 too?

Yes, my other mill a DMU 80T also has a iTNC 530. It is a bit of an oddball in that it is only a 3 axis version of what is usually a five axis machine. The story goes that someone ordered that way and canceled the order once it got into the states. They made me a good deal and it's been a reliable workhorse for the past six years.

Seems like they push the Mori for all 3 axis applications and DMG for 5 axis.

I've noticed that also...don't have any answers though.
One of the reasons I was drawn to this machine was the configuration. Space is tight in my shop and this machine doesn't need access in the back which allowed me to set it just one foot from the back wall.

I didn't think it was common to put a 530 on a 3-axis machine - but then again, why not?

I also looked at Mikrons and Hardinge two other manufactures with Heidenhain controls on three axis machines distributed in the US but I believe both are manufactured in Taiwan. The Mikron was not bad and very competitive in pricing. Hardinge was a disappointment as I could never get a salesperson to visit :toetap:

Whose sub-plate or fixture plate is that?

Stevens Sub-Plate STEVENS ENGINEERING INC. Modular Fixturing CNC Tombstones CNC Subplates Angle Plates Vises Clamps for Machine Shops
Toolex Relock vises with Stevens pattern http://www.stevenseng.com/Catologs/pdf/STEVENS_2-StationToolexStyleVise.pdf

GM

GM, thanks for the info.

That's awsome you can put it against a wall. I've wondered why machine builders don't make them like that.
:cheers:

"I love my DMG's"

What's wrong with this pic?

IMG_1912.JPG

---------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Its a model DMC 835V my other mill is a model DMU 80T and my lathe is a CTX 410 all made in Germany under the DMG brand and in three different factories.

GM

Ive never seen a machine so clean EVER!

I hate you!
I hate you!
I hate you!
I hate you!
I hate you!
I hate you!
I hate you!
I hate you!
I hate you!
I hate you!