What's new
What's new

Maho 432 / 10 Power supply

Paul Deady

Aluminum
Does any one have an electrical drawing for the Phillips Power supply?
Or maybe the voltages, Test points and Pin outs?

I wish to repair two faulty power supplies.
Paul deady

Sorry I don't have a schematic. As you know ,there are at least TWO styles of the computer power supply. As I understand it ---the early style is a vertical module that is on the right side of computer chassis. Later style is a horizontal type that screws/bolts to bottom of the computer chassis. Know that the later style is a switching type power supply that can operate from either 120 volt or 220volt AC input via a selector switch located at bottom rear left side near the AC input plug. My guess is that the earlier style supply is also a switching type of supply.
As you may know switching type power supplies operate at a much higher frequency than the (50 or 60 Hz.) incoming AC line frequency. I have only looked at a later style supply , eye ball only --no test equipment , an it seemed to be a input switcher for making a buss voltage with several other switchers using that buss for the various output voltages to the computer . Was wondering if the output had a start sequence ,say 5 volt out before the other voltages. However I lack a load bank for the output and the needed test equipment.
Read your problem of machine loosing constants overnight and was thinking it may be blocking diode or some such circuit not allowing the 6volt battery to keep the memory powered. Would be interested in what you find that is the problem.
If you recap the supply, please ignore the unhelpful people that are upset the sun rises over Australia first..
If you should come across any of the Phillips schematics ,please share them. As in pretty please!
What other Maho CNC machines are you hording ? Would you have a MAHO slotter head attachment?
Stay in touch --- very interested in what you find .

We found the fault to be a faulty diode on what we think is the battery regulator board.
It is the one fitted behind the Alum front panel with the wires coming out the front.

I think that you are refering to a power supply for a 432 / 9 Control and the later 432 / 10 control.

I have the later as most (if not all E M/C's) came with a 432 / 10 control.

I do not have a Slotting head.

Back