What's new
What's new

Maho 600 E2 tool changer "Blind Plug"

Downside

Plastic
I'm the not so proud owner of an E2 which hasn't got past the "No RF" display on the spindle drive in the 3 months it has been off the truck. I'd like to bypass the tool changer in an effort to get it down to a basic X,Y,Z machine for trouble shooting. I read that in addition to changing parameters a blind plug that came with the machine must be installed. Unfortunately, they didn't mention what terminals were involved and what could be done if the plug went missing in a previous life. Has anyone disabled one of these things before? Thanks

I did. I wanted to fool the machine for some reason-- I can't remember what I was doing. I just changed the parameters. Often I run the machine without the tool changer and change the tools manually. You are not required to home out the changer or do anything with it on start-up to get the rest of the machine running.

The question is what kind of documentation you got with your machine. If you got the electrical schematics (and know how to read them) it shouldn't be too hard to figure out where this blind plug must have been, and how it's made.

If it makes you feel better I have spent almost 2 years and still no luck on having my machine even move a single axis yet. And the ATC haven't stopped me.

Your mill might be quite similar to mine. What year is it from? If it's about the same as mine I might be able to help you out if you can describe what's keeping you from running it. I have spent what must be at least hundreds of hours trying to find the fault on mine (not able to get the CNC432 controller out of e-stop). But still no luck. But I hope and think I have learned something on the way...... so I might be of help if you need it. If not I'm sure others here on this forum might be of help.

Anders

I have no intention of hijacking this thread, but I guess it might be of help to Downside as well. If not I'd be happy to make a new thread.

I have checked this loop for continuity yes. And my understanding of it is that the "Bb" in the KDV is supposed to close as it gets auxiliary power. But then there is a new circuit that goes through the rest of the drives "Bb". This circuit turns on relay 14K3 in my machine. This relay gives feedback to the 432 controller on input 7. And at the same time it turns on the power to release the brake on the y-axis.

I have also understood the applications manual for the drives to say that the drives need full power (300 V DC) to close the "Bb" relays.

If all "Bb" was closed it would turn off the brake on the y-axis before power is applied to the drive, and I guess that isn't correct. Having the brake release as soon as the drives get full power makes much more sense.

Some drives indicate that they will close this relay when they get full power applied with a flashing "Bb" LED. But others with a lower serial numbers don't. On my machine one of the drives (the one for the y-axis, a TDM 1.2) is equipped with this feature, and is flashing when I turn the power on. The others don't, but all the LED's seem to indicate no other error.

So my conclusion is that on my machine this is working as it should, and is not the cause for the problem to get it out of e-stop. Even if I was hoping this was the reason. It's always easier to fix something when you know what's wrong.

Anders

maho 600 e2 constant or parameter

i have recently purchased MAHO 600 E2 with 432 control. I dont have constant (parameter). Can anyone pl send me constant ?

thanking you

jayesh

Back