What's new
What's new

Maho 600, Tool changer turns prematurely

Egrom

Plastic
Hi,

I got myself a Mahomat 600 a while ago and I'm trying to get it running. For the moment one of the problems is that, when changing tools from the tool magazine, as soon as the gripper grips the tool the machine turns the changing arm(I actually have no tools in the machine for the moment).

I believe that, after the gripper has been closed, the change arm needs to move out to it's lowest position before turning the arm, but that's not the case and the gripper hits the tool magazine a bit, turns 180 degrees and then freezes.

What could cause the change arm to turn prematurely?

I have not found any solutions for this yet, just some updates:

The gripper does not hit the tool magazine as I initially thought, the tool changer arm hits the vertical linear guide-rail close to the spindel.

I also have some videos of this:

Tool arm turns incorrectly nr 1: YouTube
Tool arm turns incorrectly nr 2: YouTube

I have an old video from previous owner where the tool arm turns correctly:
YouTube

I think there is a problem with a sensor that does not fall off or does not come up due to dirt or a defekt , disturbing the cyclus. I think there a few sensors hidden inside the arm itself, also a few outside for the outer positions of the arm.

Thanks for the response Kees!

That was my exact idea when I found this pinched sensor-cable:
20200415_234445.jpg
20200415_235256.jpg

Unfortunately after fixing the cable it did not solve the problem :-(

But I have found out what was the problem! I have had the tool changer arm disassembled for another problem, and during the disassembly I must have activated the turn-arm-hydraulic-cylinder, because the machine had mixed up "right" and "left". I just tried to swap the two signal cables to the hydraulic valve and voila, now it seems to work correctly!

YouTube

Back