What's new
What's new

MAHO MH 500 W CNC232 aligning the table

BarryM

Plastic
Hello,

My name is Barry Meijer from the Netherlands.
Recently I bought a MAHO MH 500 W for hobby purposes.

IMG_20190213_214913.jpg

Now I have some problems with the alignement of the table.
It's hanging 0.2mm backwards and I do not know how tho solve this.
After removing the table I still don't know how to fix it...

I have a couple of manuals and documentation but no parts or service manual.
I'm wondering if anyone willing to share a spare parts manual or service manual?
When you need some manuals or something, I'm happy to help you.

Kind regards,
Barry Meijer

Hi Barry!

I recently bought one myself and think i maybe have what you are looking for. Guess maybe you have already solved it? Otherwise let me know and i can send what i got. The are in German so you know. Myself i am looking for the CNC232 manual. I have all the manuals for the machine but not for the CNC.. So if you have that one i loved to have it!

Regards
//Mattias

Hi All,

I have a somewhat related question to this machine.
I'm interested in buying a similar machine with the CNC 232 control but I cannot find any documentation on the web.
Would any of you be willing to share the CNC232 user manual or "Schulungsunterlagen" (language either English, German or Dutch)
Or if that's not possible, what is this control capable of? (can it move XYZ simultaneously?)
I read somewhere that the CNC232 is based on the Heidenhain 155 or 355 control, is that correct?

Thanks in advance,

Hello,

The Maho CNC 232 control is the same as a TNC 355 form Heidenhain.
For this there is plenty of information out there.

Barry

Your issue is mechanical! Do not believe that the control (232) is capable of tilting its working planes (newer controls can do this)
The tilt of the table along the "Z" (Maho) axis is common as these machines age ...due to wear in the vertical slide owing to the weight of the table trying to tilt forward.

Real solution is to disassemble and re-scrape the vertical ways of the slide to correct the wear,
A simpler solution, would be to scrape the mounting surface of the table to correct the tilt....

Have seen some owners shim the table bolt up surface to correct the issue...this IMO is a poor practice as it reduces the real contact between the table and the vertical slide...creating some space between the
mating faces. Becomes less rigid and creates high stress on the parts where the bolts are tightened having no real support or contact.

Cheers Ross

Thanks Ross!

Re-scraping the Z-axis is what we do at the moment, because like you said, that is the only good solution.
It's my first time scraping, and still learning a lot, but it has not disappointed me yet.
The column is ready at the moment and we have a flatness within 6 micron over the hole meter lenght.

I saw your thread about re-scraping your Deckel, that was a good help!

cheers Barry

Hi Barry,

How is your machine doing these days?
Some time ago I got a similar one so it would be great to exchange some information.

Best regards, Groeten,

EmcoDeckel

Hi Barry,

How is your machine doing these days?
Some time ago I got a similar one so it would be great to exchange some information.

Best regards, Groeten,

EmcoDeckel

Hello,

It's been a while since I was last here. Due to the corona crisis, the project has been a bit quiet lately.
It should continue in the coming weeks.

Barry

Hi Barry,

I hope you got some time to spend with your MAHO again.
Curious to hear your progress.

I didn't visit this forum for a while nor the industryarena.com forum so I was very late replying to your PM.

Best regards, Groeten,

EmcoDeckel

Hello,

@EmcoDeckel: I should have sent you an email about the documentation, but I am now unsure whether it worked when I read this.

Yes we made some progress in the last weeks. The saddle is on the front almost ready we only need to do the side of the Z-guideways. IMG_20201019_214717.jpg
Looking good so far.

I do have one more question: Does anyone here knows how we can match the new Turcite on the back of the guideway? It has to be exactly the right thickness, but I don't know yet how to measure or blue this? Has anyone done this before and has experience with this?

Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately I did not receive an email.
Can you try a private message via this forum perhaps?

Nice to hear you're making progress. Unfortunately I'm not able to help you with the question you put down here.

Best regards,

EmcoDeckel

Hi Barry!

I recently bought one myself and think i maybe have what you are looking for. Guess maybe you have already solved it? Otherwise let me know and i can send what i got. The are in German so you know. Myself i am looking for the CNC232 manual. I have all the manuals for the machine but not for the CNC.. So if you have that one i loved to have it!

Regards
//Mattias

I have a 232 manual on pdf if you are still looking.
Alec

Hi Alec,

I already exchanged the manual with Mattias, but I am still searching for a complete parts manual with parts list for the MH500W.
So if you can help me with that....
Barry

Barry,

I have a lot of documentation regarding MH800W & will share it if you think it could be useful. MAybe one or two mechanical parts like the milling head. otherwise probably not.
Does yours have the HR330 electronic handwheel?

Alec

Hi Alec,

Thanks for your offer, but I have all the drawings from a 500W but without the parts list, so I don't think that would give me more information at the moment.
The CNC232 controller doesn't offer the handwheel option unfortunately.

Barry

Barry,

I have a lot of documentation regarding MH800W & will share it if you think it could be useful. MAybe one or two mechanical parts like the milling head. otherwise probably not.
Does yours have the HR330 electronic handwheel?

Alec
Hello Alec
I have the same machine
Please help me with manuals for this machine and also with parameters.
[email protected]

Thank you!

Back