What's new
What's new

maho MH400T limit switch problem

Botje

Aluminum
Hi guys,

At my work I've been using a Maho MH400T, 1987 built with Philips/Heidenhain 332 control.

It worked good except for a continuous error with the automatic lubrication, but thats another story.

Everything was fine until yesterday. Startup of the machine goes like normal:

• On switch;
  • Speicher test (memory test);
  • Stromunterbrechung message (cleared);
  • Steuerspannung relais fehlt (pressed the 1 button next to the e-stop, message gone);
  • Referenzpunkte anfahren (press cycle start once for each direction);

Next the machine is in manual mode, like normal. The X and Z axis move like normal (maho X (left-right) and Z). But when the Y (up/down) axis is used the message 'Endschalter Y-' is shown when Y- direction is selected, 'endschalter Y+' is given when the Y+ direction is selectend. The Y+ message is normal after the Referenzpunkte because it is at the max Y position then.

When i manually turn the Y spindle to get the table away from the Y+ limit it makes no defference.

I checked a few things:
Operation of the switch. The switch itself moves freely and operates when the Y axis moves to its limits. The resistance in closed state is 0,3 Ohm in the control cabinet in the back of the machine (continuity checked between 266 and 267 on the connection block). Open is 1,5 KOhm.
It is strange that the machine only gives this error in the Y direction, the limit switches of the other 2 axis seem to be connected in series with this one (See pic, 265-266 and 267-268 are the X and Z switches).

Does anyone have experience with this error/problem? I have a bunch of students eagerly waiting to use this machine! :)

IMAG2600.jpg IMAG2604.jpg

Back