What's new
What's new

MAHO Philips CNC532 Character Fault

VPS BVBA

Plastic
When we try to upload a program from our PC to the machine the maho doesnt accept characters like: =

for example
G14 J4 N1=7 N2=17

if we upload the program with this line in it the upload stop.
when we download from the machine on the PC this line doesnt gives problems.

anyone had this before or know if this character should be replaced by other code?

I cannot tell you what is causing this though I think you may have some settings wrong in your DNC software. We use Cimco DNC Max with a Moxa Nport ethernet to serial adapter for our communication to our controls which are the same Philips design as yours.

If you switch to this setup I can tell you our settings to get you running. We transfer the "=" all the time. What machine are you running?

I've used many DNC software programs and at first I couldn't believe how much better serial communication can be with the right package. Now I can track progress and transfer at the max rate the control can take with BTR (Drip feeding, if you have it enabled = Infinite length programs) without having to wait for the program to transfer to the onboard memory (Other than the initial KB setting amount of data). The Moxa, when a custom short serial cable is made that places the unit directly adjacent to the control, will allow for must faster serial rates than previously possible with the OEM port and cables.

It works very well for the machines here.

Regards,

Dave @ Nerv

Last edited:
the machines we using are a Maho 1200S and Maho 1600s both the same problem with this character. still didnt found solution and tryed different software programs to transfer

Back