What's new
What's new

Maho toolchanger trouble need help

Florin-Alin

Plastic
Hi guys, my employer bought a Maho MH 700 from auction, after 1 year from delivery we managed to start that thing. :) but we have encounter a problem that we couldn't solve...
I tried to see if the toolchanger works but I managed to put a tool from the machine's magazine only at 4th-5th try...I was been "bombarded" with errors in previous atemps, ok, after the tool was placed in the machine, I started the spindle at various rpms and it spins :))...
but after all I needed to change the tool, I hit M6 and the toolchanger took the tool from the machine's spindle and at the half way to machine's tool magazine it stoped and showing me the errors I 322, I 316; that i couldn't erase and it or been able to move machine's axis. :( I must say that the operating sistem is...Philips 432. :(
Can any of you give me a hint how to fix my machine's trouble?
Would be a solution to disconect the toolchanger from the hydraulic system and to push the toolchanger manual to it's normal position?

It sounds like you have a problem with one or more of the prox sensors in the tool changer. You may be able to reset the tool changer with an M77 command.

Do you have the schematics for the machine? You can view the status of the I/O on the machine however without a schematic you will have trouble determining which signal may be wrong.

You can manipulate the tool changer with the valves but this must be done carefully and in the proper sequence. If you do this the control may get confused as to what tool is where and will need to be reset. I can send you the procedure for that if you send me a PM with your email.

thank you for the advice with the valves, the employer found the service manual and was able to retract the tool to it's original position and in the end I discovered that hydraulic oil was not enlugh because the tool charger got stuck again on the 2nd attempt in the very same spot and after I added enough oil the tool changer is working properly.

Back