What's new
What's new

Maho MH 600C RIP

MCSF

Cast Iron
I can't save this one people but it might be coming to an auction in the Kittery Maine area.
N3904091673101A.JPG

Without a photo, our "excitement factor" is adrift at sea until we know the aprox year of the thing, since a 1986 MH600C is a whole nuther animal from a 1992 MH600C. :toetap:

Here is the best I have - I got these from the Gov Excess site. However I did talk to the property manager there and he told me that the machine was in terrible shape. Quite frankly a rust barnacle.

The MAHO is at the Portsmouth Maine Naval Shipyard and was used for repair/maint for nuke subs. No radioactive material was machined on it.

The machine was delivered to the yard 5 years ago - the fellow worked there at that time but was just a worker bee. He is now the boss and decided to move the machine out of the yard. However it has been outside in Maine covered as it is for 5 years....

The process is for excess equipment to go up on the excess site and if no takers from other govt agencies then it is offered to educational institutions and then it goes to auction. It has timed out on the excess site so it is either in the que to go to a school or will be up for auction. I no longer have the contact info for the fellow but a call to the DRMS office there would be a place to start.

I see this all too often however I have picked up a bunch or nice bits for my lab.

FDUPMAHO1.jpg

FDUPMAHO2.jpg

OK, that's the early to mid 80's style 600C and not worth didly squat even if it worked perfectly.... excitement factor= zero :Yawn: :sleepy:

As you are a machinery-dealer I might think you have seen it all.So, which machine would wake you up??
Already discussed here a few times... 1993+ Maho MH600C with rotating head, 5 axis table, and Phillips 532 control.

However, since that discussion I bought the 1991 MH800C, which is almost as good...so I'm not as 'hot to trott' on the aforemetioned unobtanium as I was. Would still love to experience a 532 control someday.

Any 'Active' Deckel manual mill with the newer Heidenhain control with CRT screen (1992+ ?) would be very interesting.

Milacron

Is this a desirable Maho model?

I have an opportunity to buy a 1994 MH400C with 4th axis (rotating table) with Grundig 432 control in good condition.
Do you consider this a desirable machine as I don't have much experience with Maho's.
The size of the machine is ideal for my uses.
Thanks

The machine I mentioned can be viewed at

MAHO MH-400C 4 AXIS CNC UNIVERSAL MILLING MACHINE. MH-400C - Universal Mill - FactoryHub Australia

This is a machine in Australia so maybe the models and specs downunder were different to North America and the MH-400 continued to be sold here but not in US.
Ok, whoever that owns that is lying to you about the age. That is more like 1984, not 1994. The absolute newest that could be is 1985. That machine is two generations older than the 1993 MH600C I mentioned.
Milacron

Back